• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer fuel rails

fishinman78

Contributor
Is everyone connecting the fuel lines to the fuel rails at the back of the block or the the lines that run down the valve cover?

Attachments

• 20171022_131125.jpg
    20171022_131125.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20171022_131137.jpg
    20171022_131137.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 75

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I use the lines down the valve cover. I have the fuel filter mounted on the fender well, under the brake master.

Mark

OP
OP
fishinman78

fishinman78

Contributor
I use the lines down the valve cover. I have the fuel filter mounted on the fender well, under the brake master.

Mark

I see some posts about having to bend the fuel rail inlet.. Did you have to do that or did it all clear the firewall ok?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I see some posts about having to bend the fuel rail inlet.. Did you have to do that or did it all clear the firewall ok?

No, I didn’t have to modify any part of it. I know some have issues with the fuel rail when running a distributor, it gets pretty tight and doesn’t allow for much timing adjustment. But I’m running the stock system with coil packs.

Mark

OP
OP
fishinman78

fishinman78

Contributor
No, I didn’t have to modify any part of it. I know some have issues with the fuel rail when running a distributor, it gets pretty tight and doesn’t allow for much timing adjustment. But I’m running the stock system with coil packs.

Mark

Ok great! Im going to run coil packs as well

luke

you can potentially take the lines that run down the valve cover and flip them to run down the back on top of the trans bellhousing. this takes some careful creative bending of the lines. (they bend easily, just don't kink them). make a couple brackets to hold them in place and connect the lines to the lines you ran from the tank somewhere around the proportioning valve area. this pretty much completely hides the fuel lines and since the original ones already have flex line on them, then you can save $ on fittings and braided fuel line. i did this on my 66 f100 and it works. bronco may be a bit tighter, but i assume can be done.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA

On my 68 Explorer EDIS conversion I did not use those fuel rail extensions... and I did have to bend the inlet/outs sightly for clearance.

Oddly enough, I used an Explorer fuel rail and those same extensions on a 77 Bronco that I converted to Mustang EFI and they worked great.