• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer lower crossover radiator hose

TTownEP

I would never have guessed from the picture that it was steel. I would have said it was shop vac hose.

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would never have guessed from the picture that it was steel. I would have said it was shop vac hose.

Yep, looks like a cheap flex hose in the pic, but from what I'm finding a lot of custom rods use these. Just curious if anyone has used on a Bronco and had any issues with ran across the bottom.

TTownEP

I am curious about the answer too, I am doing the swap right now.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I picked up a few bends from the parts store and cut and welded them together to make a metal crossover tube. Then I just used radiator hose and clamps on the ends to fit it up. I think one bend was 180 the other was a 90.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I use the bc cross over tube never had a prob
Old radiator and a EFI motor

Hazegray

I used the 7.3 diesel hose, trimmed it towards the radiator and fits fine. Less than $20...

drroy

I used the 7.3 diesel hose, trimmed it towards the radiator and fits fine. Less than $20...

I could not make that hose work. 3 sections, cut from 2 of those hoses eventually worked. The pics I have seen where that hose works is where there is room behind the fan to run hose. I didn’t have enough room between fan and crossmember for hose, so had to route around/ below fan. Seems like a common issue.

To the OP, I considered that hose but it reviewed so bad on amazon that I passed.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I could not make that nor about three others I thought might, One I think was from an early 70s firebird.

I spent the dime and used silicone hose and aluminum connectors to make it perfect.

https://www.siliconehose.com/

murdador

Mr. Member
Yep, looks like a cheap flex hose in the pic, but from what I'm finding a lot of custom rods use these. Just curious if anyone has used on a Bronco and had any issues with ran across the bottom.

I have one of these installed, no issues getting it in there on a 351w. It's not the prettiest but gets the job done. I'm starting the swap to the explorer front dress and I'm going to revisit the plumbing once I get to it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190803_080024.jpg
    IMG_20190803_080024.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 84

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I have one of these installed, no issues getting it in there on a 351w. It's not the prettiest but gets the job done. I'm starting the swap to the explorer front dress and I'm going to revisit the plumbing once I get to it.

Why won't a stock upper hose fit your 351w?