• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer serpentine Lower radiator hose?

gambling209

I guess you guys are not running the explorer oil cooler on the bottom? Was planning on running it. Any thoughts why i should not? Got a hose for that?

OP
OP
RODRIG3911

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
Bronco loco, thanks again man. With a little trimming that lower hose fit like a glove!... I’m not running the explorer cooler either, but for sure without it that lower hose is a great option

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
ebay radiator

Upper hose is a Fox body Mustang upper hose. Just trimmed it as it was a little long with a Windsor.
Lower hose is the eb hose flipped the other way but also shortened a little bit.

Not sure what the problem is....

I used a Champion aluminum reverse inlet rad to accommodate the Explorer reverse rotation/inlets.
Rad was only $146 bucks on Ebay. Upper hose from Autozone for like $12 bucks. Lower hose from one of our vendors for like $20 something but I already had that.

My hoses fit perfect just a little too long.

Do you have a link to that ebay purchase? I cant find one at that price. Thanks

Chub_Rock

I used on my bronco
Top hose 20983 trim to fit.
Bottom hose requires two hoses
22690 that connects to the lower water pump and a (22452 O’Reilly) 62512 (continental brand) from amazon which connects to the lower radiator on passenger-side Cut and splice the (2)90° there on this hose and connect with inch and five eights inch copper.
I used a stock radiator from O’Reilly.

I am finishing up an explorer front dress swap onto my 351W. The lower radiator hose seems to be the hardest part for me (go figure). The comments in this thread sparked my interest to peruse onpier55's build thread on NorCalBroncos.com. Well I "perused" every damn page! What a great documentation of your build. I'm not nearly as talented as you, can't even weld, but man it sure was cool looking through your thread. Going to show my teenage sons what a DIY'er with determination and skill can do. Thanks for sharing, I learned a lot. ;D If I ever run into you at an event I've got a Bronco Buddy t-shirt with your name on it!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru