• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer OBD2 Harness Re-work

VincentD

Hi everyone. Does anyone know how to contact @EFI Guy about a custom flash? I tried sending him and email but I got a return message telling me that the email address is not valid. Also I called his number on a couple of occasions and his voice mail is not set up and there is no answer. @EFI Guy if you read this can you please contact me. :) thank you in advance.

Freddyaz

I'm going to start you all off with a little video. It covers the very basics of a harness re-work. I'll add a full write up here with pictures covering pin numbers, wire colors, etc...as time allows.

[youtube]RaY-9v-SO_0[/youtube]

Part 1.5

This is sort of a re-cap of part 1. It answers some questions I have been asked and goes in to a little further detail.

[youtube]WPhaelK-0sw[/youtube]

Part 2

This covers the firewall harness.

[youtube]RNKGlvkCdsI[/youtube]

Edit: I originally made this thread to teach you guys how to do your own harnesses because I stopped doing them for personal reasons. I also think it's helpful to teach more people about the Explorer system because I think it's better than the old Mustang system, and more readily available.

I am now back in the saddle and doing them again. Because of the time off I have a pretty long waiting list now for harnesses. Hopefully I will have a helper soon to make the waiting list a little more reasonable. I still encourage you all to build your own if you can. You can learn a lot in the process if you can make it through my boring videos, and you're likely to be up and running faster that way.

Current pricing is:

PCM flash only: $275 (shipped).Only takes a day or two.
PCM flash and firewall harness re-work only: $400 + $25 shipping.
PCM flash and total harness rework (unwrapped): $500 + shipping. (roughly $30 for non 4r70w and $40 for 4r70w)
PCM flash and total harness rework (wrapped): $600 + shipping (roughly $30 for non 4r70w and $40 for 4r70w).
Add a spare PCM flash for $200.
Hi I need a harness for 2007 ford explorer stand alone please help?

BroncoChicken

I just texted him about checking this thread. He’s been in the process of moving and getting the new place sorted.

VincentD

I just texted him about checking this thread. He’s been in the process of moving and getting the new place sorted.
Hi thanks for the info. I finally managed to talk to him and got everything sorted out. I appreciate you contacting him for me. :)

wes335

When reworking the explorer harness, does one remove all of the old loom and tape from the entire harness?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
When reworking the explorer harness, does one remove all of the old loom and tape from the entire harness?

Just about everything is removed... There was one side of the injector harness (drivers side) that I didn't have to get into. Depends if there is any mechanical/Critter damage, then there is the brittle plastic plugs after many heat cycles. Just plan on exposing most of it.