• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Power Steering pump upgrade

lbrendis

Anyone have any realistic numbers for the flow and psi after swapping the internals of a F350 power steering pump into a stock explorer pump. I heard it went up in gpm and psi but cant seem to find it anywhere?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
it must be an improvement based on what the internal differences were. I remember somebody figuring out the difference and in reality the internal difference is very small but apparently important.

There is a thread where somebody here does the swap and towards the end of that thread someone else picked it up and explained the noted difference. May be they noted the actual pressure difference...i do not presently recall.

Oh just noticed Sandmann got to you first, lol,

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
That swap is still on my to do list... perhaps next winter. The thread below is what i am subscribed to so I can find the info when I need it.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237617
1800 psi vs 1300 psi and 3 gallons per minute vs 1 were the numbers mentioned. No idea of accuracy...

I've read that thread several times and it appears to hold promise. It's something I want to try on a future build.