• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Power Steering pump

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
Can anyone point me in the right direction on what high flow (pressure) power steering pump I can run on my explorer front dress. The stup I got has a used pump, and I intend to install it with a hydro boost assembly along with a 4x4x2 steering box.

Also, I read the tech article on this swap and was wondering if this article is still spot on on what hoses and fittings to use? I have gathered most of the fittings, but still need the Lee fitting to complete my parts (I think).

http://classicbroncos.com/tech/explorer-5-0-serpentine-accessory-drive-belt-conversion

Thanks

js521

I'm running a 96' Explorer 5.0 with the stock ps pump. I just did this swap this winter. I swapped to the 4x4x2 box and put a 1.5" hyd. assist cylinder on it. Just got back from a week in Moab with it. My steering is a little slow but was never an issue. I was able to run trails with my front ARB locked if desired. couldn't turn it with my old system.