• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer returnless fuel rail

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
OK, so I may get hung with using a returnless fuel rail on my 5.8 EFI build.

I understand know that the little pot on the fuel rail is not a regulator but an accumulator?

So would someone school me on if this is the best rail to use? How do I make a regulator work with this rail?

Need the ins and outs on this.. TIA

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Okay, so you are using a 99-01 Explorer fuel rail , return less, with the 17 lbs white injectors then? It/they operates at 60 psi.

You running an Explorer fuel pump assembly in your tank? If not, then just an EFI in tank pump? If just the pump, then you need to have a pressure regulator that bleeds off the excess pressure. That can be mounted at the back of the rig, with a return line to the tank. You will have to set it to provide 60 psi. I am really over simplifying this explanation.

Doug

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Okay, so you are using a 99-01 Explorer fuel rail , return less, with the 17 lbs white injectors then? It/they operates at 60 psi.

You running an Explorer fuel pump assembly in your tank? If not, then just an EFI in tank pump? If just the pump, then you need to have a pressure regulator that bleeds off the excess pressure. That can be mounted at the back of the rig, with a return line to the tank. You will have to set it to provide 60 psi. I am really over simplifying this explanation.

Doug
Planning on using the returnless fuel rail, 24lb injectors, what I believe is a stock mustang in-tank pump (BC broncos tank and pump)
with an aeromotive remote regulator.

Working with the EFI guy eventually to get this all setup at some point but gathering parts. Just want to make sure I have my ducks in a row!

thanks!

Last edited: