• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Serp conversion radiator hose with conversion radiator

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
I've searched and searched and I keep finding references to using the stock Mustang hoses with the Explorer serpentine conversion and a reverse outlet radiator. I got a pair of 89 Mustang hoses and the upper hose needs about 2 inches cut out of the middle to fit. Is there a hose that will work without major surgery?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
That's the hose I used and it fits great. I have a Ron Davis radiator though.

robofig

Here's the hoses I used,

Upper Dayco #71654 from a 91 - 94 Ford Ranger w/ 3.0 V6

Lower Dayco # 70438

Both needed a little trimming but worked great for me.

OP
OP
B

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
That's the hose I used and it fits great. I have a Ron Davis radiator though.

I looked at your picture in your gallery. That looks like the hose I have. Your upper hose connection comes out from the tank, but mine is on the tank itself, making it a few inches closer to the water inlet. I'm using a Griffin radiator.

Accordngs

Loc.
San Diego, CA
I have the Explorer Serp Setup with the 94 Explorer Radiator ---

For this setup hoses from the 99 Explorer V8 without oil cooler work.

VT_Don

Regarding the reverse flow radiator with driver's side outlet, has anyone seen this used on a Cleveland conversion? I've been running a cross-over tube which works OK. But having a compatable radiator would offer the optium setup.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I use the stock Bronco upper hose with the stock radiator and the Explorer water pump. You just need to trim an inch or so off of it and slightly twist it to get it on.