• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Serp Idler Pulley Clearance

skerrybronco

Loc.
Montreal,Canada
found some threads on this but could not find a final conclusion, would like some opinions please.
would Like to know what people are getting away with for clearance to the frame, is a half inch sufficient, obviously depending if your motor mounts don't let the motor lean to much, any input mach appreciated

Attachments

• Pulley1.jpg
    Pulley1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 40

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I have O'Reilly replacement motor mounts and I have 3/8" clearance with a factory replacement pulley from Napa. I did not use the smaller replacement.
(Napa #36079 - 60mm)

It seems like every Bronco is different...

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I have around 3/16"-1/4" clearance. It doesn't need much. This is a common issue and the easiest fix is to clearance the bracket with s grinder or flap wheel. It only takes about 5 minutes to sole, no need for taller mounts or jacking around.

OP
OP
skerrybronco

skerrybronco

Loc.
Montreal,Canada
I have around 3/16"-1/4" clearance. It doesn't need much. This is a common issue and the easiest fix is to clearance the bracket with s grinder or flap wheel. It only takes about 5 minutes to sole, no need for taller mounts or jacking around.

thanks for the input
I have about 3/8 to 1/2 now, just need to clean up with a grinder
I guess when you think of the it when the motor revs the pulley would tilt inwards not down towards the frame

thanks folks

PaveBronco

New motor mounts help, some guys run the WH heavy duty mounts, I guess they are taller than the stock.