• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer serp TFI mount on pwr strg bracket

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does anyone make the TFI bracket in the Explorer serp conversion tech article that bolts to the pwr steering reservoir area?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Don't recall ever seeing any. I know I have seen a coil mounted there. Then again it is late at night...

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Don't go the Dist. mount TFI route. Too much heat and the failure rate is much higher than a remote mount. The PS bracket is still a hot area. Not as hot as the distributor ( hottest place) but if you are going remote get it off the engine all together.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Does anyone make the TFI bracket in the Explorer serp conversion tech article that bolts to the pwr steering reservoir area?
Are you referring to a TFI bracket or a coil bracket? I don't see any pics in the article with a TFI mounting near the p/s reservoir area. I do see several with coil mounts though. I don't know of anyone that makes a coil bracket for the stock Explorer brackets. However the Bronco Guy bracket, http://www.thebroncoguy.com/explorer-saginaw-bracket.html, which is used to mount a Saginaw pump using a custom bracket that aligns with the Explorer pieces, has a mount on it for a coil.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Todd.
-Yes the TFI mount was in the Explorer front dress tech article and it had a CAD drawing but I couldn't read it that well (my eyes are old).

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I still think you might be referring to the bracket below. I don't recall that we discussed the TFI relocation in that article. But we did show one way to mount the EFI coil on the PS braket. Simple sheet of thin aluminum cut and bent. Works perfectly.

Attachments

• Fig_11 copy.jpg
    Fig_11 copy.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Coil_mount.jpg
    Coil_mount.jpg
    950.9 KB · Views: 48

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
And I see why you refer to it as the TFI bracket. We refer to it as the TFI Coil bracket in the diagram because in that particular example it is the type you use with a TFI type distributor on an EFI set-up. Sorry we were not a bit more clear there.

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks MarsChariot. I didn't explain myself well enough on the description. Your picture angle makes sense now. I couldn't see it well enough on the article. Thank you, BI