• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extended front brake line

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I think I have an extended front brake line for a 3.5" lift but I am not 100% sure. Anyone have a length measurement for an extended brake line or a stock one (or both) that I can use to determine what I have for sure? Lift will be 3.5".

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And once you've seen them installed, it's pretty easy to tell the difference. A stock one is going to have some slack, but not that much. An extended one is going to have a very noticeable "dogleg" shape when the Bronco is just sitting on the ground.

And since there were not that many stock-length braided stainless hoses used, if you have a braided hose, it's probably better than a 95% chance it's extended length.

That's all just fluff though. Garberz gave you the straight dope right there.

Paul

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
extended brake line front

Here is a picture of my front of my extended brake line.

Attachments

• brack extended 007.jpg
    brack extended 007.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 47

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
even with extended brake lines i still had to make a spacer to mount the line down from the frame. Mine is with a 5.5" lift though.

Attachments

• IMG_1822.jpg
    IMG_1822.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1823.jpg
    IMG_1823.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 37

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's got less room than mine does normally savage, but since you don't even have an engine in it yet, you won't know until it sits at ride-height whether or not any particular component is going to be correct.
But it sure looks long enough to me, factoring in that it's sitting at least a couple of inches higher than it will be when loaded up.

Paul