• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extending Throttle Pedal to Clear 351?

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Working on 351w install and Lokar throttle cable is going to hit the valve cover. I thought welding on extension to the throttle pedal arm higher and to the right would be an easy solution but wanted some thoughts.

I need to go up about 2" and to the right about 3" (looking from cab side). I don't see any drawback other than maybe increasing the throttle response by have the longer arm creating more stroke?

Not interested is going back to the original linkage and would like to stick with cable.

Thanks,

Attachments

• InkedIMG_3203_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_3203_LI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • InkedIMG_3202_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_3202_LI.jpg
    986.5 KB · Views: 26

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you going with carburetor or EFI Blue?

If carburetor, then perhaps increasing the response is not a big deal. Might even be a good thing!
But changing the ratio too much with EFI might make it twitchier than you think.
A lot of people have thought long and hard about ways to actually slow it down.
Things like the progressive linkage for the Holley Sniper and slower acting throttle levers on factory EFI set ups.
So definitely something to keep in mind.

OP
OP
Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good question Paul. Currently carbed Quadrajet.