• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extreme Motor Mounts and Manual Transmission

Comemonday67

Loc.
La Crescenta
Hey guys I am about to install some of the Wild Horse extreme motor mounts. I have read some threads here that these types of mounts rise the engine by about an inch or, so which is not a big deal for me. With the raised height, would this cause any interference issues with my Toploader’s shifting linkage to bind up against the transmission tunnel area?
Thanks!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Don't know of any that lift the engine that much. A little lift, yes, but not an inch. And that tends to be measured at the fan as that is where people notice it is different.

As for the transmission linkage, you are not raising the transmission crossmember. IF anything it will pivot off the transmission mounts. I would be surprised if you got ¼" height at the 3-4 shift arm. Nothing noticeable on the reverse shift arm. Unless you have some super crappy already rubbing tight clearances now you will be fine.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
I've used them on two Broncos. One auto and one stick. No issues on either. However, all of the body and transfer case mounts were new. If yours are worn out it maybe an issue.