• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EZ Wiring Harness Install Questions

kiteoregon

Getting ready to install my EZ wiring harness and fuse block. Current thinking is that i will mount the fuse block on the driver side up high on the firewall. Anybody have other install location ideas or pictures?

Thanks.

triplewilliams

i attempted to install my ez in the glove box- I ultimately mounted in the stock location and am happy with that choice

512cadillac

fuze panel

I used the EZ-wiring "mini" panel and mounted it up high on the drivers side kick panel. It clears the fresh air intake door and located things were I didn't have to lengthen some of the wires that the manufacture made short in my opinion.

OP
OP
K

kiteoregon

I used the EZ-wiring "mini" panel and mounted it up high on the drivers side kick panel. It clears the fresh air intake door and located things were I didn't have to lengthen some of the wires that the manufacture made short in my opinion.
Do you have a picture of your install location, thanks.

512cadillac

pictures

I can take a picture or two if you would like to see it. send me a PM with an email address I can send them to since I cant post here. John

thirdtime

Contributor
Put mine in the glove box slightly modified. Photo was during the install but it gives you the idea.

Attachments

• 003.1.jpg
    003.1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 90

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Mine to is in the glove box.. But I left mine loose in the box.. So when I want to check a fuse I can pull it out a bit. & It's easier to get to.
.. After insulation I still needed more fuses so I mounted one of the flat inner finder under the hood.. & I think it has 12 fuses in it.
... With my Diesel I'm running the 24SI Delco alt. It never looks back on providing all the power I need. As I have a tub load of light & electrical items too use on my Bronco.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I was thinking about this post also today. On this E-Z harness I'd check the wire going to the to the head lights. & I think I'd try & put in a heaver gauge wire to run my head lights.. I'm disappointed in this wire in my E-Z Harness. My head light have started to flash while I have my head light on for more than about 15 minutes..
.... I've never heard of this issue on say a PAINLESS HARNESS... & Yes I do have the headlight relay harness I got from a member on here .. But I expect mine needs another new dimmer switch .. But this will be about the 4th new dimmer I've installed.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
... I was thinking about this post also today. On this E-Z harness I'd check the wire going to the to the head lights. & I think I'd try & put in a heaver gauge wire to run my head lights.. I'm disappointed in this wire in my E-Z Harness. My head light have started to flash while I have my head light on for more than about 15 minutes..
.... I've never heard of this issue on say a PAINLESS HARNESS... & Yes I do have the headlight relay harness I got from a member on here .. But I expect mine needs another new dimmer switch .. But this will be about the 4th new dimmer I've installed.

Have you tried a Cole Hersee dimmer switch?
They're said to be some of the best, if not the best.

http://www.colehersee.com/home/grid/cat/124/

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... We sell some cole hersee stuff. & I think I used one back IN THE BEGINING.
.. But I'D SURE LIKE TO TRY A BRASS ONE.