• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

F150 round dash vents and Vintage Air A/C tubing duct

mattt

Bronco Guru
I'm plannning to use factory F150 round vents on the dash for a BC Vintage Air kit. The accordion-like tubing that comes with the kit is smaller diameter than the factory vents. If you have this combo working....how did you attach the two together?

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
Yes, BC kit that includes the std. tubing from Vintage Air. The tubing is made to work with the vents that are available from Vintage Air which are smaller diameter. I see the vents in your ebay listing....great looking EB by the way ;) Good luck with the sale.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
You are right about the hose not fitting over the vent but it fit snug inside the f-150 vent. We drill a couple of small holes and install a couple of zip ties to be sure it doesn't fall out then wrap a piece of 1.5" cloth tape around it, duct tape. I think the tape would be fine alone.
PS, the steps on Austen's EB auto retract and are the best qualilty I have ever seen.. the whole EB is on the same par.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
Thanks Chuck. I'll have to play around with it some more. It seems like I tried that option and with the hose inside the vent it prevented the vent from turning/spinning inside it's mount housing. I'll have another look and report back.