• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Factory Tire Carrier Value

Yooper74

Looking at selling the factory tire rack from a 74. What is a fair value for it?

OP
OP
Y

Yooper74

Gotta be more than $25 for factory original no??? I'd just keep it for that and make garage art out of it.

Just the tire loop no hardware at TBP is $300.

Redbark

Contributor
Gotta be more than $25 for factory original no??? I'd just keep it for that and make garage art out of it.

Just the tire loop no hardware at TBP is $300.

Have a look in the classifieds to get an idea of price. I've seen $200-350 for a complete set up.

There were two recent carrier wanted ads in there as well.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Well my experience was I paid 100 bucks for one 10 years ago but it came with everything except the safety cable. latches, corner castings and their internal nut plates everything. it was easy to find parts but not much complete. these days the fancy rigs don't want an external tire rack as it ruins the 100,000 dollar look. I guess it depends where you are and when its needed.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
I just got 2 for free for my daughter's project. It seems the when you go for a bigger or heavier tire, the rack tweaks the body, therefore, a bumper with an integrated tire carrier works better with any tire size making the stock rack useful for original size or plus size tires only.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Add in condition as well. Like new in factory perfect condition can get a couple hundred. And I mean complete, not almost complete. Perfect condition, not just good condition.

The typical, beat, sloppy, bent latch, or missing parts... Those are the trade for a 12-pack.

Anyone who has gone modified will be looking at a bumper mounted spare carrier. The ones looking for a factory carrier will be those doing a restoration. Making a like new restoration they don't need another wore out piece of junk, they probably already have one and are looking for something that is good.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I have no need for one .but i'd say 20-25 bucks any more and you'll probably be tripping over it for a while...

You're delusional.

I've sold half a dozen of these over the years from $85 for ones missing parts to $200 for complete ones.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
As with most used stuff it depends on your location and how eager the buyer is and how badly do you want to sell it. .
I've got one on my '76 and two in a "closet ' in my garage - one was given to me.
Same holds true for seats ; I've given away three front buckets with brackets , two passenger and one driver. Two of those were given to me and another I traded for ONE of my spare sets of radius arms .
That being said ; I know people who have sold tire carriers and seats for $100 to $500 depending on condition.

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I think I sold mine for $150 two years ago, it had everything but the cable.

Jakedog

I tend to sell stuff cheap just to get it out of my way. So I could see it going for at least $50 if you really wanted it gone.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
couple hundred, but I didn't want to mess with packing and shipping, so I made money giving it to Randy.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Might be helpful if you post some good pics of everything included with the tire carrier......less guessing on quality and what's included.