• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Factory wiper switch with dual motor wipers?

DeepC73

Hello,
Has anyone used the factory wiper switch with a dual motor system? If so, how did you wire it up?

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Hello,

Has anyone used the factory wiper switch with a dual motor system? If so, how did you wire it up?
Its a different switch for the aftermarket dual motor setup. There was also a thread awhile back about using a Freightliner (I think) stock switch to sync the motors.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DeepC73

DeepC73

Yeah, I have the switch that came with it. The problem is that it doesn’t fit with the original switch bezel. The bezel is too big. Therefore you have to use a different switch and no bezel. It’s different than the other five knobs and it has no bezel. I am sure there has to be a way to use the original switch.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I believe you can use the original switch of you don't care about synchronizing your wipers or how they park.

OP
OP
DeepC73

DeepC73

UPDATE: I just used the new switch and replaced the cap.

ol gray mare

I used the original switch, ran the switched wire to the other motor with a rocker switch between. That way I can park the wipers independently. They still don't synchronize.

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
With two diodes in the wiring, you can run the stock switch.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
The diodes will park both but they will run independent like the vacuum wipers. I did mine in 2000 and still working fine. I still miss the sound the vacuum wipers made though.