• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

:( ---Fallen Warrior Project ..NO GOOD .... :(

Stefan

Loc.
Louisiana, Fort Polk
Wow is all I can say.. I have been busy the last day or so and I am behind on the happenings. This truely makes me sad that someone would try to pretend to go through the things my children and wife have endured that allows me to serve, in my 18 and counting years in the AF I have missed ALOT of my families life that will never be recovered. I understood that when I signed on the dotted line and I would do it all over again. Just the other day I put my Blues (Dress uniform) on for the first time in a long time ( I am a maintainer so I wear the duty uniform 99% of the time) my wife said it just warms her heart to see me in them, just makes her proud of my service and what I stand for as a Father, Husband, and Man. I just said aww shucks and started peeling that monkey suit off... :)

This is becoming more of a common occurance lately, I heard that a guy wen to his high school reunion in dress blues with a buzz cut to impress them... but they soom found out he was not in and was in court.

To DVLDAVE and wife, I thank you for the comments your wife made, the most deserving of those type of thanks (not to give myself the big head, but I am included in this) are the ones that say I am just doing my job and do it very humbly. It is however nice to hear those kind words as a pat on the back for many nights away from the families. I just got back from my 4th trip to the sand box in June, and I did a year in Korea without family, so those words are oh so very true... THANK YOU!

If anyone is wondering about the validity of my service, please question me, I have more pictures and paperwork from my trips to cover a foot ball field and I am more than willing to privide them... so I say in the future no matter where you are, question those that boast of their service or "son's" service, a true military member will be more than happy to prove it.....

Mike
TSgt USAF

Thats one of the reasons why I posted pictures a few posts back!
I just wanted to show that there are people out there who are truthfull and trustworthy and to not let them ruin it for the honest men and women out there!

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
I'm fairly pissed that I jumped in to help.

As active duty Army for the past 18+ years with multiple OIF/OEF deployments, I would have bent over backwards to help the father of one of my fallen comrades.

To play on these feelings and loyalties is just wrong.

Mike - thanks for your service.

forestguy

Loc.
Reno, NV
I would like to thank everyone who has or still is serving our country! There is nothing I or anyone could do to repay the sacrifices you have and are making. My brother is awaiting his first deployment and I read all the posts with a heavy heart. Again, thank you for doing whatever it takes to keep this country FREE!

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Damn!
You guys are making me gung-ho to enlist.
Do they accept 42 year olds?
Thank you all for your service!

Brian B

Wow is all I can say.. I have been busy the last day or so and I am behind on the happenings. This truely makes me sad that someone would try to pretend to go through the things my children and wife have endured that allows me to serve, in my 18 and counting years in the AF I have missed ALOT of my families life that will never be recovered. I understood that when I signed on the dotted line and I would do it all over again. Just the other day I put my Blues (Dress uniform) on for the first time in a long time ( I am a maintainer so I wear the duty uniform 99% of the time) my wife said it just warms her heart to see me in them, just makes her proud of my service and what I stand for as a Father, Husband, and Man. I just said aww shucks and started peeling that monkey suit off... :)

This is becoming more of a common occurance lately, I heard that a guy wen to his high school reunion in dress blues with a buzz cut to impress them... but they soom found out he was not in and was in court.

To DVLDAVE and wife, I thank you for the comments your wife made, the most deserving of those type of thanks (not to give myself the big head, but I am included in this) are the ones that say I am just doing my job and do it very humbly. It is however nice to hear those kind words as a pat on the back for many nights away from the families. I just got back from my 4th trip to the sand box in June, and I did a year in Korea without family, so those words are oh so very true... THANK YOU!

If anyone is wondering about the validity of my service, please question me, I have more pictures and paperwork from my trips to cover a foot ball field and I am more than willing to privide them... so I say in the future no matter where you are, question those that boast of their service or "son's" service, a true military member will be more than happy to prove it.....

Mike
TSgt USAF

Thank you for your service.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Well, haven't looked at this thread for a few days. What the heck? This is truely sad and I wish it wasn't true. Told some of my Ranger buddies about it and they were deeply touched. Hate to give them the disappointing news.

Don't tell them. Just say it fell through with that one and there are other options. Let them enjoy it for what it is meant to be.