• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Family Cage Help

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I want your opinions on family cages. I have 2 Broncos that they'll be going in, the '72 is meant to be bashed, the '66 is going to be my driver/pride and joy...I want protection of the wifey & kiddos (and my fat melon) because life throws in a twist or two once in a while. The cage can be assembled or not as I can weld. Price is a concern, but not as much of a concern as safety. I see some on eBay that are cheap, but wall thickness isn't specified that I can see.

Dash mods are not a concern for me on the '72, but the '66 Dash is in really good shape, and I want to keep that as original as possible.

What other ones are out there, and if you have experience putting them in, what would you do differently, if anything, for the install.

And yes, I'm tying them to the frame on both trucks.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I have a cage kit from Mike, http://www.extremecustomparts.com/. I am going to a half cab for my winter time hard top and needed to make some cage changes due to my past cage being for a full top.

He is in the vendors forum on here. You will be able to get that just the way you want it fit by doing it yourself. Can you order a prewelded cage and will it fit, yes I believe so. Will it be exactly like you want maybe.

Mike has alot of options for a person wanting to do his own thing and is fairly reasonable.

birdman

Loc.
Napa
I am really happy with my Crab cage. Got it about 2 yrs. ago and felt that the price and shipping were good it also looks real nice.
I will see if I can get some pics. up later.