• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Family Full Cage options

gityup68

Loc.
Western Mass
Hello all, I am looking to get a full cage that will allow me still to put hard top on. I also have the original dash. Any suggestions on which works best for this and can keep the original look when roof not off. Tks

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I have a Krawlers Edge cage and really like it, should be pics in my Frankie thread below

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I have the cage from WH and love the size of it. It is the only cage with that size pipe. I like it better than the smaller pipe.

Attachments

• DSCN0562.jpg
    DSCN0562.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 273

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
For a good cage check out protofab, baliebuilt, bc broncos and there are a couple guys on here that make a batch every so often. Crab is one of em. Most are built to fit under the factory hard top. If they fit a hard top they should fit any soft top. The one thing you run into with a family cage the soft tops cant fold down to the rear.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Bailie Bilt is my choice for looks, functionality and safety.

Attachments

• 20170627_115338.jpg
    20170627_115338.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 234

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yeah. I don't know what it is about Classic but my pics will be upside down every time. Super Dave usually fixes it for me.

Boom..............

See y'all soon sir

Attachments

• BB Cage.jpg
    BB Cage.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 241

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a Bailie Bilt and a Crab cage, like them both but having them side by side you can see the thought put into the Bailie Bilt for safety. For a cage that isn't tied to the frame the Bailie Bilt would be best choice for safety, and it looks good.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bailie Bilt is my choice for looks, functionality and safety.

Are your upper seat belt mounts DOT approved? I need to add shoulder belts to mine and using a clamp might be a simpler option than drilling and welding in the cab.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Are your upper seat belt mounts DOT approved? I need to add shoulder belts to mine and using a clamp might be a simpler option than drilling and welding in the cab.

Is any mounting of shoulder belts to a roll cage DOT approved?

Lunar-tic

Loc.
Brentsville
Nice color combo JAK. IRT the original post, I got the family four point cage from Toms. Pros: didn't have to modify the e-brake or glove box. Cons: no windshield support... but I have a plan for that.

Attachments

• DSC05967.jpg
    DSC05967.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC05973.jpg
    DSC05973.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 150

Bradsp8

Does Baille Built allow a Rampage soft top and hoops to be folded up and down?