• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Family heirloom’66 Bronco Wagon

Minderbinder3

Contributor
I am new to Broncos but I am a Jeep Wrangler TJ guy that knows the value of forums like this and the knowledge available here.

I was gifted an early production ‘66 Wagon that I want to keep simple and mostly stock like my uncle that gave to me had it.

He was 2nd owner and only used to hunt out of in South Texas so the top is long gone. It has 83000 miles on it and everything under the hood was recently rebuilt.

The tires are unsafe and the wheels need to be cleaned up a lot before new tires are put on them. I only want to spend the time and $$ to reuse them if they are original. I believe they are because of the hub caps on the front look like some pictures I find online. The back wheels do not have the hub caps.

If these are the original wheels…can the hub caps be found someplace?

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The hubcaps shown in your photos are not from a first generation Bronco at all.

1966 Bronco hubcaps are a one year only item and are not reproduced. Used ones go for $1,500 - $3,000 per set depending on condition.

The 1967-1977 Bronco hub caps are readily available from the aftermarket from any of the vendors who advertise on this board.

67sport

Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
All can be found, but original can get pricey.
I was going to suggest the value of becoming a contributor, but you have discovered that as I type, so welcome to the forum.
No better place for info and help.
Also, great truck from your uncle.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Glad it's staying in the family! The wheels aren't 66' wheels either, they had different slots than the 67-77.

OP
OP
Minderbinder3

Minderbinder3

Contributor
Thanks for the info. I like this forum already.

Where is a good source for new wheels then? I am thinking black to offset the white paint.

If it were a Jeep Wrangler, I would know just where to go but my usual places don’t offer anything for a 1966 Bronco.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Nice looking Bronco Minder! The original '66 wheels are a little hard to find but they are out there. The '66 rim doesn't have an internal bead like the wheels on your Bronco and originally the wheels were white. The same wheels were used on F-100 pickups in the '64-'66 model years. Welcome to the forum.

66 Bronco Dave

Contributor
These are the caps for a 66. Wish I had a set for mine. You can find them on ebay

Attachments

• IMG_0563.png
    IMG_0563.png
    894.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0562.png
    IMG_0562.png
    961.6 KB · Views: 15

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Here's the wheels you're looking for. They will be tough to find, nobody will think less of you for using the ones you've got though lol. Odd are, it may not have even come with hub caps, they were optional. If your bronco has a cigar lighter and a horn ring steering wheel, it most likely did though.
20200829_231254.jpg s-l1600 (50).jpg

OP
OP
Minderbinder3

Minderbinder3

Contributor

hsach

Contributor
Members Only
Nice bronco! This will help you with the eyebrow grill identification. It looks like yours might be, hard to tell in that picture though. Eyebrow

Beau Nugget

Contributor
Loc.
NE Kansas
Looks like the holes are in the fender for the Bronco emblem as well. Those would look nice should you choose to replace them