• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Family Roll Cage near Austin Texas

diggs00

Hey guys,

Picked up a 76 bronco for my wife, It has a 4 point cage now, but I am concerned with her running our 2 kids around town.

Do any of you know a place that will install a family cage near the Austin Texas area.

I have read you should bolt the cage to the frame. Is this true?

Thank you!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Janky Fabrication in So Austin. Jason is an LEBC member. Get on the LEBC Google Groups list and ask for Jason at Janky Fab.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Bc Broncos is in Texas. They have a nice family cage that ties into the frame at the body mounts. They have a video of the cage testing on the site.

CenTxBronc

Loc.
Georgetown
Nice to see another Bronco in Georgetown....I agree with Steve, BC Bronco has a really nice family cage....they are located out near Kerrville I believe...

OP
OP
D

diggs00

Thanks guys,

I will call BC Broncos Monday. Anyone have any photos of their BC bronco cage setup?

rekoj71

To answer your other question...
Remember that these hardly aver came with a roll bar at all, and the ones that did were usually dealer added items. That's why you see so many different styles and many claim to be original.

I think very few are bolted to the frame even today, with some exception for the purpose built off-road rigs of which generally don't "run 2 kids around town". Obviously the amount of safety that can be added to one of these machines could be staggering but there comes a time when your nice looking Bronco has become a heavy duty tank and cost you a fortune to build and to operate. These things won't have airbags, antilock brakes, shoulder belts (not stock at least), but they are amazingly strong as is. Some people think every car needs to be able to survive a 75mph multiple flipping high speed crash and roll over like in the movies, but no car actually does that.

I think you are on the right path to add a family bar to your cage and as long as the metal of your floor is in good condition and you have good area coverage above and below the posts of the cage you are better than most, but only you can decide how much budget you want to add to extra safety.