• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fan blade to radiator clearance

chromeyellow

Loc.
Lecompte, Louisiana
What distance do I need to space my fan blade from my radiator. I just installed power steering and air conditioning and my fan is about three quarters of an inch from my radiator. TOO CLOSE I think.???

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
i think we have kicked this one around a bit, and the concensus is for the street is 3/4 of an inch to 1 and 1/2 , if used on the trail no less than 1 inch ;D

Projp

I did a 5.0 transplant and ended up with about 3/4" clearance. Worked great for 3 months on the road. First trip to Moab the fan ate the radiator on Cliffhanger. We cut out the whole first core, 5 tubes of JB Quick, 3 puttys, 2 stop leaks, then on to Pritchett the next day.

Loc.
Speedwell TN
the motor will flex when put under torque load. i know the hard way. if you are gonna go offroad move it back. also check the fan shroud-it will hit that to sometimes~bill

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Feitctaj set mine up and he did a very nice job. Too far out and the fan sucks air from around the radiator; too far in and it sucks chunks FROM the radiator... :-X