• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fan Rotation???

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
Well looks like Im a DA!! I just realized that My stock 73 mech fan is rotating the wrong direction for my 96 5.0!! Anybody have any opinions on mech fan selection??

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
I was aware of this issue on mine, and was planning to do what I did on my 67 Mustang EFI, and try the 3.8 clutch fan from a 92 tbird. I'm not sure if it will fit, and about 10 months away from trying.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Took me a long time to realize I had the same issue on my 351W. Chased over heating issues far too long before someone here pointed out that for me.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
im running a BCbronco fix Rev fan...works great. might not fit tho if your using mustang serp and not explorer

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I ran a derale rigid 18 race fan from BCB for a long time on my mustang serp- its reverse rotation. Works great but its loud- selling it if you are interested with a 1 in spacer- its just sitting in my garage

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
install any reverse rotation fan. our vendors have them and also check out Jegs and Summit catalogs or web sites.

OP
OP
broncosport

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
I ran a derale rigid 18 race fan from BCB for a long time on my mustang serp- its reverse rotation. Works great but its loud- selling it if you are interested with a 1 in spacer- its just sitting in my garage
How much?? and shipping to 65336. THANKS