• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fan Shroud after Body Lift

JHOOKS

Loc.
Butler, TN
I recently shoehorned a 351W in my 74 and put a 2" body lift on so I didn't have to cut the hood. I was wondering what others have done for a fan shroud. I have seen some of the universal kits from summit and didn't know if that was the best option or not.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
I have the Tom's 2" one also. Very nice piece. Mine didn't come with a shroud, so this one was a no brainer for me. Most of the stock ones I have seen are kind of brittle, but I would have tried to modify it first if I had one.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I also went with the shroud from toms. Works great. I would hit it with some paint before installing. M ine is getting a little rusty after being on there a few years. Someone offers an aluminum one for more $ but cant remember which vendor.

wookie650

I am also looking at shroud options. Has anyone used these new fan shrouds with the 2"body lift, 351W, and the explorer serp?

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
I left the radiator in the original place, but lowered the factory shroud. All homemade, made on the fly lowering tabs and aluminum flashing on the bottom, to keep the air moving thru the radiator.