• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FAST BRONCOS

MASTER_OF_DISASTER

Loc.
central valley, CA
Im having trouble deciding on if i should build a hardcore rockcrawler with my 74 or go try to make it haul A$$. I do alot of dunes and i think I would have a little more fun with a bronco with a built motor on like 33's than a crawler on 38's.<br><br>What does it feel like to drive a bronco with a 393 or 427 stroker in it? Is it worth trying to make it to get up and go? <br><br>thanks<br>Ryan

T

teknalee

i can tell you i love my little 347, it gets up and goes =p i plan on 35's.. wristed arms.. 3.5 inch suspension lift with 2 inch body to keep the COG down.. this way i can have fun with whatever really

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
[quote author=randall link=board=5;threadid=13494;start=0#101559 date=1043036145]<br>how bout you put the 427 in your rock crawler? that sounds good to me.<br>http://www.twistedaxle.com/vehicles/vehicles/oldiron.html<br>just like this guy did, 525 horses in a competition rock crawler with 38's.<br>[/quote]That is one serious bronco. Looks like it could do a number on the street, sand, or mud too.....

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Our other "Rock crawler" is a 78 Scout II with a Chrysler 440 stoked to 500 ci., SEFI. It hauls a$$! and has too much torque! Enigine dynoed at 627hp when it was finished. That vehicle is actually too much vehicle. I have twisted 2 sets of Mark Williams HD axles in the rear Dana 60. It is fun to be able to jump on the accelerator in 4th and pull away from everyone. Putting that kind of engine in the Bronco scares me when I think about it cause it is at least 1200 lbs lighter the the Scout!

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I got a rough estimate at Gromm Racing for my engine that I am building, and they estimated 450-490 BHP. Hopefully everything down the line won't grenade when I open all four-barrels.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
As a daily driver, and wheeler when I have time. Basically I want to kick those yuppie BMW M3's asses out of lights in Orange County.

rippin73

Loc.
Flushing, MI
I live in mid Michigan --- No real good reason to own a Bronco other than I absolutley love em :D !!!!( Guess that's reason enough).. My point is there's no place within 3 hours or so to go play--- sand dunes- small hills etc.... I have owned at least one Bronco for the last 16 years... Took the grand kids for rides, went to local car shows and just rode around being envied by all the general motors shop workers around here.... I have always owned half cabs --I love the puzzled look on peoples faces trying to figure out what the heck we<br>are??? About 3 years ago my son in law got into drag racing his 89 Mustang-- the drag strip is only 20 minutes away... so I thought what the heck,, why not,,, He is an awesume wrencher,,especially on Fords.. so I turned him loose on the 73.. I now have an absolute beast... Scariest thing I've ever done in my life!!! It whips all the new camaro's an fireturds an runs right along side the Lt1 vettes... It's just a 302 roller motor with a little juice--(an extra 200 horsie's) I can give you all the specifics if your interested!! Check out my hurry up web site for a picture http://www.angelfire.com/ri2/bronco/ gonna add a lot more--- have video's.. one whipping a 440 dodge charger with slicks I was running my 33's at the time... he put it on the trailor an went home ;D

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=rippin73 link=board=5;threadid=13494;start=0#102181 date=1043339586]<br> I live in mid Michigan --- No real good reason to own a Bronco other than I absolutley love em :D !!!!( Guess that's reason enough).. My point is there's no place within 3 hours or so to go play--- sand dunes- small hills etc.... I have owned at least one Bronco for the last 16 years... Took the grand kids for rides, went to local car shows and just rode around being envied by all the general motors shop workers around here.... I have always owned half cabs --I love the puzzled look on peoples faces trying to figure out what the heck we<br>are??? About 3 years ago my son in law got into drag racing his 89 Mustang-- the drag strip is only 20 minutes away... so I thought what the heck,, why not,,, He is an awesume wrencher,,especially on Fords.. so I turned him loose on the 73.. I now have an absolute beast... Scariest thing I've ever done in my life!!! It whips all the new camaro's an fireturds an runs right along side the Lt1 vettes... It's just a 302 roller motor with a little juice--(an extra 200 horsie's) I can give you all the specifics if your interested!! Check out my hurry up web site for a picture http://www.angelfire.com/ri2/bronco/ gonna add a lot more--- have video's.. one whipping a 440 dodge charger with slicks I was running my 33's at the time... he put it on the trailor an went home ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>VEry cool, but are you running a steam engine or something?? lol. I cant figure out what that smoke is from or doing there..

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
my engine builder says that my 408w will be putting out anywhere from 500-550hp. :eek: then i`ll be running a direct port nitrous kit with at least a 150 shot of NOS! ;D<br>so i should have anywhere from 650-750hp on tap.it should be a reliable strong runner with the SVO block, with girdled mains,forged rods,crank, and pistons.i`m wondering myself what it`s going to be like eating rice. ;)

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=sicaz66 link=board=5;threadid=13494;start=0#102393 date=1043398755]<br>my engine builder says that my 408w will be putting out anywhere from 500-550hp. :eek: then i`ll be running a direct port nitrous kit with at least a 150 shot of NOS! ;D<br>so i should have anywhere from 650-750hp on tap.it should be a reliable strong runner with the SVO block, with girdled mains,forged rods,crank, and pistons.i`m wondering myself what it`s going to be like eating rice. ;)<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>And gas, whats that motor setting you back>??