• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ID Feedback Please...for my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurtGurl

Loc.
Columbus
Thank you, everyone, for all your knowledge and opinions. I decided to pass on this bronco for now. I am going to hunt for one that runs but may not be in the best body shape. When winter hits and I can't drive it, i will start restoring the body. My price range is about 5 grand so its hard to find one that is decent. I look forward to future talks and tips. ;D

sharecon

Loc.
tampa
Thank you, everyone, for all your knowledge and opinions. I decided to pass on this bronco for now. I am going to hunt for one that runs but may not be in the best body shape. When winter hits and I can't drive it, i will start restoring the body. My price range is about 5 grand so its hard to find one that is decent. I look forward to future talks and tips. ;D

Has anyone even contacted this guy? I just wanna know if its a scam.;D

DurtGurl

Loc.
Columbus
Other then me, I dont think anyone else has contacted him, and I am no expert to know if it is a scam or not.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I just see this Bronco for sale on Ebay in Idaho. Looks like it would need a little bit of work, but don't they all? May be worth a look.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/clasic-bronco-/270982371885?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f17ceda2d

Ebay bronco looks like a great truck, although it is obviously a 77 and not a 71. Could be a typo by the seller, however, I would want to see a copy of the title before I went much farther. Too easy to swap VINs.

On second look I would be vary wary. Never trust a used Ebay bronco in which the glove box door is a different color than the rest of the dash.............

Bigboggin68

Loc.
Warren, ME
Ebay bronco looks like a great truck, although it is obviously a 77 and not a 71. Could be a typo by the seller, however, I would want to see a copy of the title before I went much farther. Too easy to swap VINs.

On second look I would be vary wary. Never trust a used Ebay bronco in which the glove box door is a different color than the rest of the dash.............

Good looking out. If looking for a correct numbers matching bronco, this is probably not the one you want. Depending on what Dirtgurl is looking for, it may be a decent buy if to be used for wheeling, and the same state location is beneficial. And yes, Ebay vehicles for sale all seem to be risky moves, as there are a lot of shady sellers out there.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Do people really do this...

I guess that's a dumb question, but it's seriously hard to believe.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco

Sad but true, yes they do...They even come up on here from time to time ...wanted or for sale ..title and glove box door..%)

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters

They do indeed. And there are several LENGTHY threads on here arguing back and forth about the moral, legal and ethical aspects of it. Title in hand and Matching VINs (frame and glove box) are a must when looking to buy.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They do indeed. And there are several LENGTHY threads on here arguing back and forth about the moral, legal and ethical aspects of it. Title in hand and Matching VINs (frame and glove box) are a must when looking to buy.

title and matching VINs (frame AND glove box)...check.

You'd think I'd never purchased a used car before, but I guess not like this right?

Thanks guys.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
title and matching VINs (frame AND glove box)...check.

You'd think I'd never purchased a used car before, but I guess not like this right?

Thanks guys.

Around here back in the '70's they were so easy to change some the local chop shop peeps made a pretty good living off of them til local law cought on to their game.

Looked at one one time Had a '69 frame..7*? clove box door...and 77 tub..?:?

Bigboggin68

Loc.
Warren, ME
In Maine, for antique vehicles we only need a bill of sale and vin to register. I would not be suprised at all if my bronco had glove box switched out. It had been re done a few times, and I just rebuilt everything again. It said the vin of a 70, but did have a dana 44 drum brake (71.5-75) under the front. I was written a bill of sale by my friends grandfather who owned it, written as a 68. Since then I have put a frame of different bronco underneath. For me, my rig is a straight mud runner, that if I wanted, I could drive on road. But in your situation you may want to make sure everything matches for legal reasons. In the back of Jeff's Bronco graveyard catalogs (they are free) give detailed info on vin # and years they were manufactured, along with what trim packages, drivetrain options came on certain years. It is very educational, and will give you more knowledge when looking at buying a bronco.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Some people piece together several "dead" broncos into one and then use whatever VIN will work. I don't have a real issue with that. But sometimes people just switch glove box doors because it's easier. People suggested I do that with mine (thanks SocksNSandals!), but I wanted it done right, which took almost nine months. But it's perfectly legal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.