• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fellow Georgia members.....

MountainGuy

Loc.
Athens, Georgia
When are the members from Georgia gonna get together and show our rigs off? I keep seeing all these posts from guys here and Georgia and haven't really seen that many Broncos around here.....only like 7 here and there. Anyway, let's meet up sometime.....
Admin, if this belongs in Off Topic then i'm sorry....

brokehorse

I'd love to get a bunch together. Mine still has a lot of work before I can drive it anywhere. Right now I have too much other work going on to even touch it. I don't see many around here at all.
I'll be up for a get togehter when I can get it on the road.

R

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
I am getting closer to getting back on the road..........

I did run into a guy (a cop I think) who came into work the other day with his first EB. It is pretty nice, uncut 70 with upgrades. Powder blue. I swear, we got to talking and I ruined my whole afternoon just jabbering away. Any who, I told to come here and dive into the mass of info..

Hey Mnt., how about a beer for now???

We could all show up at the Varsity when they have the car show. Show those guys what a great classic is.;D

OP
OP
M

MountainGuy

Loc.
Athens, Georgia
hey man, i'd be up for meeting at the Varsity next time they ahve a car show.......by the way, how many Broncos ahve you seen running around this town? I think i've seen like 6 or 7...

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Not counting the ones that are in a yard/barn/field? I have seen about 10 or so. If you wanna get your hands dirty, give me a call. Food and beer for work. Pretty fair?

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
Mine is still out of service, but I'l love to check out others. There are lot of Broncos in the Atlanta area.

71HLFCAB

Loc.
Blairsville, Ga
I live up in the mountains in Blairsville, ya'll are more than welcome to come up anytime. We can ride through Beasley Knob, or even go to Tellico which isn't far from the house. Hell even stop by one weekend and we'll grill some steaks. ;D

JCBronco74

Loc.
Covington, Georgia
71HLFCAB said:
I live up in the mountains in Blairsville, ya'll are more than welcome to come up anytime. We can ride through Beasley Knob, or even go to Tellico which isn't far from the house.
Now that sound cool.
:cool:

STICK76

Loc.
Fitzgerald, GA
What about us down here in South Ga? Kind of a haul to the north GA mountains. It would be nice if we could get together around Macon or so. Anybody have any places we might could ride in the middle of the state?

Stick

71HLFCAB

Loc.
Blairsville, Ga
Macon or somewhere halfway would be good also. Just let me know. I might need a week or so notice because I'm not sure what I'll do to my Bronco next, haha. Sounds great though.

greene_bronco

Loc.
conyers, GA
sounds good to me. i'm a new owner and would love to check out some other rigs and absorb some advice from some of you that know more about these things and trucks in general tha i do. i've got a little work to do before i take it out on the trail though (radius arm bushings and c4 flywheel cover). we ought to come up with a date and location. high falls state park has some pretty good camping. it's just north of forsyth on 75. just a thought. not sure of any nearby trails though.

hey JC. i know you live close to me. i'm off of salem road. where is the closest trail to us that you know of?

JCBronco74

Loc.
Covington, Georgia
greene_bronco said:

hey JC. i know you live close to me. i'm off of salem road. where is the closest trail to us that you know of?

Last year we went to Rich Mountain with a j**p friend of mine. I heard they closed it down, but not sure. Once a month we go up to helen georgia to camp. Not sure of any good places around us. I have been wanting to go to tellico. What is the camping like at high falls?
I live down S.R. 20 near where 212 comes in (just off Oak Hill). If you ever need a hand, just let me know.

STICK76

Loc.
Fitzgerald, GA
Am I the only South Georgia Boy on this board? Surely we can work this out and find a location that will benifit all of us. Let's keep talking about it until we get it figured out.

greene_bronco

Loc.
conyers, GA
the camping is ok at high falls. it is a state park so i guess it is not much different than any of the others. they have sites on the lake and on the river below the dam. the fishing is not too bad either. some other ideas may be lake sinclair or oconee. tons of campgrounds. from what i have found, most of the public trails are in the mountains though...

thx for the offer JC. i'm sure i'll have to take you up on it eventually!

67bondobronc

I would definately be interested in getting together and it would give me some motivation to finally getting mine on the road. I have done some searching on the web and the only places I could find were outside of Chatsworth, nothing much in the middle of the state. My sis makes maps for the state so I have told her to do some checking for us on some public land with hills and trails. It will take her some time but i will let you know what she finds. Also................what about a date? I propose mid-July.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, there's a couple of us north florida boys around. if you guys got something going in south georgia, we'd more than likely join in.

Jolly66

Loc.
Albuquerque
when and where; my rig is about ready to be broken!

I've seen 3 EBs here but I think I'm the only one on the forum from valdosta. Toy_Truck is on here; but can't remember if from valdosta or surronding area. Halfway does sound nice but not sure where trailriding would be. Wouldn't be hard to find a bar though.

STICK76

Loc.
Fitzgerald, GA
I would think that we could find somewhere to ride in South Georgia. We may not have hills and rocks, but we have plenty of mud and river swamps to play in. Someone has to have a farm or hunting club that we could camp at and do some trail riding. If this is something that you guys are serious about, then I will try and do some looking around and start asking some questions. I may have to get a couple of my jeep friends involved to make it work, but it may can be done.

Just let me know if there is some interest here in South Ga. Fitzgerald is located about 2 hours north of Tallahassee and 3 hours south of Atlanta!!

Stick

Grover

Loc.
luhavull
I would be in for a get together but I probably wont have the bronco done any time soon. I live in the northwest side of the state. The Varsity would be cool. Let me know if you guys decide to get together.