• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fender flare cleaning

Crhawkins79

Just wondering what you guys have found that works the best on cleaning the fender flares? I clean mine and it looks really good until they dry and then they just appear dirty as if I never cleaned them.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I use Mothers VLR cleaner after I have washed them with car wash. It is meant for cleaning interior parts and trim. Its not a greasy as Armor All or tire cleaner and it last unit the next wash.
I agree that they are strange how they look clean then dry with spots on them.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I use Mothers VLR cleaner after I have washed them with car wash. It is meant for cleaning interior parts and trim. Its not a greasy as Armor All or tire cleaner and it last unit the next wash.
I agree that they are strange how they look clean then dry with spots on them.
I might try this. I've had the same issue on the JK's I owned.

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
i'd start with Adams APC to clean it. Spray it on, let it sit (out of direct sunlight. you don't want it io dry on the plastic) then agitate and wash off. follow up with a protectant. There's lots of stuff on the market for protecting plastic auto pieces these days. The Griots or Adams VRT is a good water based protectant. I've been using Adams VRT for 10 years, on my tires, vinyl flares, and rub strips. I like the satin finish it leaves vs. the shiney armor all crap.

if you want something that lasts a little longer, you can try CarPro Perl

Last edited: