• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fender Flares-Picture Examples???

LowCountryEB

Loc.
Charleston, SC
Hey-

Can anyone show different PICTURES between the different kinds of flares availalble? (Bushwacker vs. Gorilla vs. Etc..) I know that everyone loves the Gorillas, however, I do not like the real bulky kind of flares. I am not going to be painting mine, so that does not matter. These things are getting me confused. Thanks!!!

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Most flares for early Broncos are shaped the same. Some are fiberglass and some are urethane but all pretty much the same shape. I use fiberglass because I don't do much trail riding or rubbing against trees or rocks. I also use them because they are cheap and repair is simple if I do crack one. All flares are NOT the same size though. Mine are from the now closed up KbarS and are largest fiberglass flares made. Chuck from BC Broncos tells me he uses the same manufacturer so his should be the same if you are looking for fiberglass. I run 33X12.50 tires with no lift and my tires don't rub on ANY bumps.

Attachments

• bronco in drivewy edit.jpg
    bronco in drivewy edit.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 528

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Duff urethane here installed higher and stretched out a bit.

scoop1.jpg

jhunte17

Loc.
Franklin, TN
2badrotties said:
Most flares for early Broncos are shaped the same. Some are fiberglass and some are urethane but all pretty much the same shape. I use fiberglass because I don't do much trail riding or rubbing against trees or rocks. I also use them because they are cheap and repair is simple if I do crack one. All flares are NOT the same size though. Mine are from the now closed up KbarS and are largest fiberglass flares made. Chuck from BC Broncos tells me he uses the same manufacturer so his should be the same if you are looking for fiberglass. I run 33X12.50 tires with no lift and my tires don't rub on ANY bumps.

I don't see any fiber glass flares on BC broncos web site. Are these available Chuck? If so, how much.

Trigger

Here is a picture of my Bushwackers. I put on a set of Duffs urethane white flares(which I'm going to sell) and took them off to go with the Bushwackers, I think they fit alot better in my opinion.

Attachments

• pb180076.jpg
    pb180076.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 391

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Most of the basic flares have the same shape just different size cutouts or material. Duff's makes one that has a different look to it also.

1224a.jpg

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
I like your flares trigger, but I am concerned that I could not heat and stretch them to fit my clipped front fenders. Tell me what you think?

Attachments

• web.jpg
    web.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 319

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
Forget the aftermarket flares. Make your own

http:\\web.triton.net.\d\davy\rearfenders.htm

One of these years I will get this project done. I promise!;D

Slumlord

Loc.
Portland, Oregon
Good post!

I'm glad someone brought it up because I wanted to ask just how easy it is to install fender flares?? Here's what mine looks like but I really want some white ones on the front, WITH the rivet look :)

Bronco2.jpg

Trigger

feitctaj said:
I like your flares trigger, but I am concerned that I could not heat and stretch them to fit my clipped front fenders. Tell me what you think?
The Bushwacker flares are more flexible than Duffs urethane flares. They seem to follow the contour of my front fenders alot better, I'm not sure how they would fit around yours being clipped though. I used stainless steel screws to mount mine and I think they look alot better than rivets.
Trigger

Trigger

No problem, it is 2002 Ford Dark shadow gray. The paint code is CX 63399, I used PPG Deltron 2000 basecoat w/DCU2010 Speed clear, which I was very pleased with, went on real good.
Trigger

digmy76

Trigger,
Did you paint those flares? or are they unpainted black? If you did paint them are you worried that the paint will crack or not adhere well?

Trigger

The flares are molded black, I originally had the white flares but I didn't want to paint them black and have them chip or scratch on me. Just one more thing I re-did, It gets costly, oh well.
Trigger

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
These are Duff's urethane...painted PPG "gloss black" with stainless rivets.

Attachments

• mvc-003s.jpg
    mvc-003s.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 159