• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fenderwell exit headers

BUCKWILD

Loc.
Butte county
So i have seen a few posts with that members have used them and i cant find them now, My question is anyone find and large diameter 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 headers or am i building them?

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I use those as well. Good parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brewchief

Do you have any pics of where they exit? Looking to see if I would have to rebuild shock hoops and where the end of them ends up for exhaust planning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not at the moment. They’re well aft of the shock tower. Not sure where the rear leg of your hoop lands on the frame. The down tubes very close to the firewall footwell junction.

OP
OP
BUCKWILD

BUCKWILD

Loc.
Butte county
thank you that was the brand i couldnt remember. And if you get a chance to post a few photos i also would like to see the fit, and how far out from the frame to they come out

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Buckwild. Those are the questions I've asked Maddog directly. For my 460SBF they point too far down to allow me to turn the exhaust up quickly. I even talked to them about not welding in the collectors so I could shorten them up...then I decided why go to all that cutting of a new set... build a set ... so that's what I'll end up doing... hope they work for you.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Here is what I have. My only complaint is the heat they put right at your feet. And the noise.

Attachments

• IMG_3179.jpg
    IMG_3179.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3180.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3178.jpg
    IMG_3178.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3207.jpg
    IMG_3207.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2983.jpg
    IMG_2983.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2984.jpg
    IMG_2984.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 44

nvrstuk

Contributor
Thanks for posting those pics. Sweet looking build you have going on!. :)

Those pics confirmed they won't fit in my application.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’ll second the heat and noise. 427 in my race truck. Lots of floor insulation helps. I wrapped my first set and they got so hot they drooped when a muffler hanger let go.
Also dealing with cooked starters.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Drooping headers??? Thats HOT!!

That's why I'll stick with shorties that dump over the frame edge as far from the body as possible. I also have heat shields on the firewall and floorboards and run my 3" tubing where the stock body mounts used to be under the driver and pass floorboards

brewchief

Pics help a lot, they might work with my current shock hoops and while I don't know if the collector dump location is 100% ideal I should be able to make it work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk