• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fiberglass Hood

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
No specific company now makes them that I know of. A place in Colorado use to, they are call High Country hoods or something. I have one on my Bronco I bought from a guy in OK who had some molds and were laying them himself.

mtn_bronco

Loc.
Leadville, Colorado
High Country Performance was selling a fiberglass hood. As far as I can tell they we made in Denver by a guy named "bob" in his garage... He still makes a few batches once in a while

Howard

4byford

Loc.
Yucca Valley CA
Appears to be the guy from N of Tulsa OK who does the fiberglass stuff out of his home shop... He does fenders and flares too.

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
Anyone know where I can get one of these "high country hoods"? That's the style I was looking for and Wild Horses said they don't have them anymore. At least not a few months ago.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
looks like the rocky roads hood. he has been selling them on ebay. Keep an eye out for a good price on it.

OP
OP
Labbster

Labbster

Hey 4byford, do you know how I can get ahold of this guy in Oklahoma? This hood is the style I want and I am only 1.5 hours from Oklahoma. Thanks!

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
The guy from Ok User's name is Wild Bill...... but he hasn't written on these forumns since the upgarde and I don't know if he is still doing it or not.

maverickconner

Yep,
that is one of Jim's hoods from Bartlesville, OK. Jim died a couple of years ago now, but his wife Donna still runs the buisness. Its called the Horney Horse Ranch....has tons of Bronco stuff. She is a little crazy on her prices since Jim died,,, not sure if she knows what is worth what? They have a Bronco in storage that is just beautiful, called crazy horse,,, I know the name sounds familiar, but Jim finished it before he died...Absolutely sweet,,,Just sits there. I can testify that the hood is durable, I had one, paid $300 for it... Forgot the hood pins one time,,, at about 40mph it thought it was a goose and flew over the top of my Bronco, taking out my windshield in the process... never cracked, scratched it up. Ran it over one time,,, didn't even crack it.. Pretty good stuff. I don't have her number, but I will see what I can scrounge up...

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
Donna's number is (918) 336-3217. You are right her prices are high. I purchased one of the hoods from Wild Bill. They looked the same to me and his prices were much cheaper. He is located in Collinsville, about 15 minutes north of Tulsa. I will look up his number when I get home tonight and can post it then. I paid $240 for my hood. I don't know if he is still making them, but I have had no problems with mine.

Just found the info on an old post. I do not know if it is still valid, but worth a try.

Bill Flemming
flemingmfg@yahoo.com or by phone durring the day (9 A.M. to 5 P.M. almost 7 days a week) at (918) 371-6210

Last edited:
OP
OP
Labbster

Labbster

Small world. I have actually met Donna right after Jim died. She had two or three yards full of Bronco's plus 3+ sheds full of parts. I was looking for a tub way back then and she wanted too much for one that needed too much work. i also saw the complete Bronco he finished just sitting in a shed. i can't believe it is still just sitting....................

maverickconner

I inquired about how much she would sell it for back in 99', she said she would take $13K. ...OUCH!! I am not sure what is going on with her, she gives the prices of things that are new and used as the same price...doesn't make sense. There is a guy in Berryhill that also has tons of Bronco stuff. He is very reasonable. He was going to sell me a full tub from a 77', bad windshield frame , but body seams were good, little rust on the floor boards, no rust on the door post for $500. His name is Darrell, I have his number if anyone is interested. He is using that Howell TBI fuel injection system on his bronco. Has a dozen or so full broncos, and tons of parts.....

OP
OP
Labbster

Labbster

I would like the number..................She wanted way more than that when I was down there last; but that was probably six or seven years ago I guess.

70_Steve

Old Guy
If anyone's interested, I've got one of those hoods Wild Bill was selling. Bought it last year, and am justs getting ready to install it. If you're interested, send me an email, or PM me.

Attachments

• hood8.jpg
    hood8.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 179

whitsend

Loc.
Boyne City, MI.
broncotime said:
Donna's number is (918) 336-3217. You are right her prices are high. I purchased one of the hoods from Wild Bill. They looked the same to me and his prices were much cheaper. He is located in Collinsville, about 15 minutes north of Tulsa. I will look up his number when I get home tonight and can post it then. I paid $240 for my hood. I don't know if he is still making them, but I have had no problems with mine.

Just found the info on an old post. I do not know if it is still valid, but worth a try.

Bill Flemming
flemingmfg@yahoo.com or by phone durring the day (9 A.M. to 5 P.M. almost 7 days a week) at (918) 371-6210

Perhaps someone could call or email Wild Bill and see if he would be interested in doing several hoods for a small "mass buy"?
I'd be in depending on the price! Thanks Dan;)

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
Just got an email from him today. He said he has a couple hoods left over from last summer and making a few more would be no big deal. I asked him to send me some details and prices and I am waiting to hear from him today.

I'll let you guys know something as soon as I do.

70_Steve

Old Guy
whitsend said:
I'd be in depending on the price! Thanks Dan;)
I bought mine from Wild Bill last year. Saw a post on the BroncoFix board where he was advertising them. I just did a search and his last post for those hoods was shortly after I bought mine. I got the impression that these were some that were "laying around", not that someone was still making them.

As I said, I've got one that I'm getting ready to install. Right now, the lack of a hood is about the only thing keeping me from getting my Bronco back on the road. But my long range plans now are to try to install the truck EFI setup on my 351. If someone wants the hood that I've got, I'd sell it and go with a different style that was a little higher in the front. I paid $230 plus $60 shipping plus a crating charge (don't remember what that was) I've still got the crate it came in. If anyone's interested in this style hood, make me an offer.