• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally a full 2.5 inch true dual with an "X" pipe exhaust system for 445.00 !!!

sweetthundermi

Loc.
Cadillac, Michigan
Finally a full 2.5 inch true dual with an "X" pipe exhaust system for 445.00 !!!

We are Sweet Thunder and have just added a full 2.5 inch dual exhaust for the 66-77 V8 Broncos. Although Sweet Thunder was traditionally a Corvette house I am changing that. I bought the company this past year and have a 67 Bronco that I built from the ground up but could never find a good exhaust system for it. Well I ended up with a company that has the ability to build what ever was best so I proto-typed out several systems for the Bronco, an "X" pipe system for stock manifolds, Sanderson shorty and Headman headers and a true dual system for stock exhaust without an "X" pipe. I am running the Stock manifolds and the "X" and the sound is awesome without that ratty sound and no drone. Give us a call at 231-775-1711(Mon-Fri 8-5 est) The systems are not on the website yet but you can check out what we do at www.sweetthundermi.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
sweetthundermi

sweetthundermi

Loc.
Cadillac, Michigan

We are Sweet Thunder and have just added a full 2.5 inch dual exhaust for the 66-77 V8 Broncos. Although Sweet Thunder was traditionally a Corvette house I am changing that. I bought the company this past year and have a 67 Bronco that I built from the ground up but could never find a good exhaust system for it. Well I ended up with a company that has the ability to build what ever was best so I proto-typed out several systems for the Bronco, an "X" pipe system for stock manifolds, Sanderson shorty and Headman headers and a true dual system for stock exhaust without an "X" pipe. I am running the Stock manifolds and the "X" and the sound is awesome without that ratty sound and no drone. Give us a call at 231-775-1711(Mon-Fri 8-5 est) The systems are not on the website yet but you can check out what we do at www.sweetthundermi.com

Attachments

• DSC_0716 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0716 (Small).JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 478
  • DSC_0719 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0719 (Small).JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 655
  • DSC_0704 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0704 (Small).JPG
    90 KB · Views: 615
  • DSC_0721 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0721 (Small).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC_0712 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0712 (Small).JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Detailed high res pics man.

PS, what's up with the rear Camaro shot by the '69 Ponch?

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Would you be willing to sell just the two pipes coming from the stock bronco 302 exhaust/ mustang 302 exhaust up to the x-pipe? I'd like to go back to a 2-in-1-out Magnaflow or Walker muffler.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I'd be interested in both directions. It would be nice to know if ur x-pipe lines up perfectly with a single muffler with two inlets but that maybe to much.

Would I even need an x-pipe if I'm going into a single muffler that has a single outlet?

OP
OP
sweetthundermi

sweetthundermi

Loc.
Cadillac, Michigan
I see what your asking for yes I can sell you just the head pipes that you can connect to your own muffler for 175.00 the X pipe measures 4 inches center to center I have no idea what you have. the X pipe would be 100.00

OP
OP
sweetthundermi

sweetthundermi

Loc.
Cadillac, Michigan
WheelHorse The rear shot of the 67 Camaro shot is to show the 2.5 inch exhaust vs the stock 2" btw there is nor room for bigger on those cars. did you check out the 69 COPO Z-28 on our fb page with the 413...

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
How about building them off popular EB headers - WH shorties, BCB shorties, Bronco Hut shorties, for a true bolt in fit?

treihesse

Bronco Guru
All the shorty headers exit in the same places. Plug the ball socket flanges give a little offset room. I run wh headers with bcb 2 into 1 system with no modified pipes. Good looking setup by the way. Oh and those bronco hut headers are really nice by the way

drock

Nice pipes. I'm not sure how cost effective shipping would be but I'd be interested in a set up that exits behind the rear tires and not straight out the back.