• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2024 Is This theYear I Finally Make Progress on My 12 plus year Build update: 21 jul 24

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Really close to rolling this motor over and see what happens. Taking an autocad essentials class next week, so I will have a pause and then off to see Jon Bonamasso in Biloxi on the 9th

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Few update pics, I have a little wiring to do andwire up coils. Add fluids and ECM and see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_1463.jpeg
    IMG_1463.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1462.jpeg
    IMG_1462.jpeg
    311.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1465.jpeg
    IMG_1465.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1464.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 50

661buster1963

Most of the jackass moves on my 68 I may have played a hand at. I used a piece of heater hose with a wire tie in it to repair a radius arm bushing once hunting near grand junction. I forgot about till about a year later.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Going to get a battery and transmission fluid tomorrow, should be cranking on it about Wednesday.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Didn’t meet schedule, got a call from spry in foam guy to get shop ready for insulation on open rafters. This will allow me to cool the shop and work more hours when we hit High humidity/heat.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
None, cleaning up the mess and wiring up some new lights, bronco work resumes again tomorrow. With a little luck Saturday morning should be an easy target to crank on it. Did buy a cheap battery from Walmart.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
None, cleaning up the mess and wiring up some new lights, bronco work resumes again tomorrow. With a little luck Saturday morning should be an easy target to crank on it. Did buy a cheap battery from Walmart.
Awesome... Keep at it.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
will Check everything in the morning, fuel lines are tight, fuel pump is wired and all grounds are in place. Thinking of just looping the In-N-Out lines for trans, because once it starts, I will check for leaks but not run it very long , will that be ok? Still undecided on transmission lines. It is a 4r70

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You shouldn't have a problem doing that with the trans lines for start up. Only eliminating the cooling side of things. I wouldn't go driving it anywhere like that though.. lol.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You shouldn't have a problem doing that with the trans lines for start up. Only eliminating the cooling side of things. I wouldn't go driving it anywhere like that though.. lol.
Everything but a few ignition wires and computer. Gas and water, starter is keyed and working. I have a thread on my ignition questions. What water did we decide is best for aluminum rad and iron block?

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Update: cranking and firing, but no fuel in the line yet. Have to help a buddy tomorrow, but will get back on it and figure fuel out. Thanks for the encouragement and support so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
YOU GOT THIS!!!
Having issues with injectors and coils not firing. Bigger problem is I can’t get my wireless reader to connect to my iPhone to troubleshoot, and the company I bought it from sucks for customer support. I have FORScan lite and an odb2limnk Mx+ reader. Anybody using something else?