• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FINALLY, some progress to report on my Hot Ginger.

Kim

Loc.
Long Island
Hi, folks.

Been a bit since I checked in but I FINALLY have some progress to report on Ginger!

It seems like I've been waiting forever, but now that all parts are on hand here is the laundry list of items that will be addressed in the next few days. YEAH!

Replacing carb
Replacing both fuel tanks
Installing new stainless exhaust
Power Steering Hoses
Heating Hoses
Valve Cover Gaskets

Next up will be diagnosing the vibration on the driver's side -- that occurs when the car exceeds 50MPH.

Then I'd like to enjoy her on the country roads of Long Island's North Fork before phase 2 projects (Power disc brakes, suspension upgrade, etc.) commence.

CAN'T WAIT TO DRIVE HER AGAIN~!

Hope everyone is enjoying their rides now that Spring has sprung!

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wahoo, wish I could implement a few of those upgrades. Hope you're driving soon!

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Hi, folks.

Been a bit since I checked in but I FINALLY have some progress to report on Ginger!

It seems like I've been waiting forever, but now that all parts are on hand here is the laundry list of items that will be addressed in the next few days. YEAH!

Replacing carb
Replacing both fuel tanks
Installing new stainless exhaust
Power Steering Hoses
Heating Hoses
Valve Cover Gaskets

Next up will be diagnosing the vibration on the driver's side -- that occurs when the car exceeds 50MPH.

Then I'd like to enjoy her on the country roads of Long Island's North Fork before phase 2 projects (Power disc brakes, suspension upgrade, etc.) commence.

CAN'T WAIT TO DRIVE HER AGAIN~!

Hope everyone is enjoying their rides now that Spring has sprung!

You got the BRONCO BUG badly;D;D!!. Hope to see you on the road.

tvall

Did you decide to replace with stock gas tanks or go to 23 main?

OP
OP
K

Kim

Loc.
Long Island
I decided to go with stock tanks because my truck is pretty stock and I felt the larger tank might look out of place on a truck with no lift.

OP
OP
K

Kim

Loc.
Long Island
You got the BRONCO BUG badly;D;D!!. Hope to see you on the road.

Yes, I think so.

BTW, I didn't get to use JSS. When I called to schedule a date, I was told they were booking for the end of May. I was supposed to get a call back to get on the calendar, but never did. I suspect their shop gets very busy when all the performance cars come out to play in the spring and my project isn't really where it is at for them.

Shame because they seem like really nice people over there.