• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fire extinguisher location

Dickie

Fire Extinguisher on uncut no roll bar. Where is the best location to mount

Thanks

mark

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Back when I was a kid folks would mount it sideways right under the driver's seat where the tank switcher was.

Those were kind of little guys though. It always seems like it would get in the way of my big feet.

On the downward slope of the tranny hump is good and very quick to retrieve.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
On the downward slope of the tranny hump is good and very quick to retrieve.
that is where I have mine mounted. since I run with no windows most of the time on the soft top, I am going to put on the rear on the roll cage just above the side rail

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Always on a roll bar as I vividly remembering seeing in the back of a 1966 Mustang Cobra on the dealership showroom.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Got one mounted just in front of the driver's seat and the other on the side of passenger's seat. wanted them easily accessible in a hurry...

Attachments

• IMG_4068[1].jpg
    IMG_4068[1].jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4069[1].jpg
    IMG_4069[1].jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 123

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
On the rear kicker of the roll bar... With a metal bracket and double straps...

Attachments

• DSCN2136.jpg
    DSCN2136.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 122

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I would say mount it somewhere it is easy to access. You never know when something might go wrong and you need it fast!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Put it where you can reach it from either seat. Mine is tucked under the front of the console where it can be grabbed by a driver or passenger.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I would say mount it somewhere it is easy to access. You never know when something might go wrong and you need it fast!

Put it where you can reach it from either seat. Mine is tucked under the front of the console where it can be grabbed by a driver or passenger.

/\/\ What they say X3
Does you no good if you can't get to it quickly and easily.

Nothing Special

Not a great picture, but you can see where I have mine between the driver's seat and the door. It's readily accessible but still completely out of the way.

I need to put one on the passenger side as well.

80-picture_php_pictureid_142328_e38f9efcb4164b1ce1a2cf2ae3059ef20acdddbb.jpg

ransil

Bronco Guru
where you can reach it strapped in.

I was stuck on a hill once power steering fluid was on fire on the header, I had previously removed extinguisher next to the seat, but had one on the tranny tunnel, could not reach it while holding breaks and sucked back in the seat, finally was able to get it and rip it out of the mount before my buddy pee'd on my motor.

Digger556

Kind of a cruddy picture, but you can see the extinguisher sticking out in front of the driver's seat. I want easy access while standing outside the truck.

20160627_231534_zpsyx4jgjfy.jpg

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
It is best to mount them laying down. The motion of driving will keep the contents loose. If you mount them standing the bounce of the road compacts the powder in the cylinder. Every so often you will have to beat the thing upside down to free up the contents. Best to mount it laying down or while your truck is on fire everyone will think your nuts beating your tire with an upside down fire extinguisher.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Within reach of the driver, anywhere else is stupid unless it is a secondary extinguisher.

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I have 3. On on the outboard side of each front seat and a bigger one at the rear driver corner on rollbar.

Twice a year i beat on them with a mallet so the powder doesn't settle. I really need to invest in CO2 at some point.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Seat location is good. So is Trans hump. This makes it accessible to passenger as well. Sometimes we over think things. Form over function is an issue!