• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

First Bronco, First Post.

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I was advised by another member to introduce myself to the fine guys and gals here on classicbroncos.com. Just bought my first EB (71) and was PM'ing about local clubs here in the northeast. I am in Mass and would like to hook up with other local enthusiasts. Here is a pic of my (ahem) project. The good news is it came with a lot of parts! (Thanks Russ!)

I can honestly say, this is the first time I have been giddy over a truck. Does this go away? My wife says this is the best mood I have been in, in years!

Photo297.jpg

Photo298.jpg

Last edited:

Bronco717274

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tremont, Ms.
Welcome, You will feel the same way but she will change her mind when you start spending all your time with your new girl.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
First of all, welcome to CB! :)

Congrats on your recent purchase. This is a great site with a lot of great people. There is something special about Broncos and their owners.

BTW, your pic isn't showing up. We love pics on here. ;D

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I just posted a link to my photo gallery. This EB will crack you up. It actually says Nairobi Safari's on the side and is painted in really bad camo. Makes me wonder about it's history.

Oh, me and my honey have already had this fight over an army truck, and an expedition trailer that I am currently in the process of building.

Photo297.jpg

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Welcome to the site!

Looking forward to seeing changes you may make to your bronco.

As for the Wife issue, sounds like you're well experienced with the vehicular adjustment period, VAP for short (Don't ask, I'm just making this stuff up as I type). Your new toy shouldn't change at thing!

;D

4lofun

Welcome to the site and see your bronco at byob in Sterling ma in may...
Lots of bronco people in new England. We all fit in somewhere!!

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
@ 4lofun, Going to BONES BYOB would be awesome, but I would have to JAM on getting this thing in shape to go anywhere by May. Right now the radiator is in the front seat and I have to replace the suspension, get tires and rims, paint it, replace the doors, tailgate, fenders and hood, oh, and I have four boys (4,6,8,and 10), and my wife works on Saturdays. Want to come down to Acushnet and help? Maybe next year? :)

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Welcome!! Lots of good advice and great people on here. What part of Mass do you call home? I'm in Oxford, south of Worcester. Lots of us here in the Northeast. Having a big shin-dig in May (search for BYOB) where you're likely to meet close to everyone on the board in the area, and some that are not.

Welcome aboard!! Hope your wife has a good sense of humor, she'll need it with this affliction... %)

Oh, and no, the feeling doesn't go away...even if your checking account does.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
welcome to the familly
You can come to the BYOB without the bronco if it isn't roadworthy by then

I have a summer house in Wareham, so down your way all the time in the summer. Infact my bronco is down there right now

feel free to go to
www.broncobones.com

thats our yahoo group

When I put my bronco back on the road in a few weeks maybe I will have to check your out

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Wareham is ten minutes away from my house. I am hoping that I can get the Bronco back to my house by the time you get yours out. (it's in Plymouth still, making room in the garage)You should stop by with that beautiful orange EB so my other half can see what's possible. I broke the news to her about the new purchase by telling her I bought a convertible for us. Her enthusiasm was soon muted by the online picture. I will PM you my info when you get down here. I would LOVE to see that Bronco up close.

monkeylovetrees

Loc.
warwick ri
welcome to the club i looked at that truck in plymouth the guys name was russhe wanted more than i wanted to spend for the work it needed hope you gota good deal

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
When I first rolled up, he wasn't there, but his wife let me go down and take a look. My first reaction was, "damn I just wasted a 45 minute trip". Then Russ showed up, and showed what was included in the deal. Well it was everything that it needed except a new cab top. He was great and we talked for a while. All the glass is in great shape, and I am looking to take an extra frame off his hands as soon as I get some more $$. Yep, it's in rough shape but I have seen a lot worse go for a lot more.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nope, it don't go away. ;) welcome to addiction, good to have ya

Plan to cut it or keep original?

Uncut, uncut, uncut. Hee hee. Definitely your choice though. ;D

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Welcome, and yes there are a lot of us up this way. Make it to BYOB to get motivation and no bronco required, right tasker?

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I am definitely unabashedly, no holds bar NOT cutting it. No cutting, no cutting. It seems these are getting harder to find. Plans are going for a "stockish" look, no crazy mudder tires, probably do a soft top, a 2.5 or 3.5 lift, spare on the tailgate, but that could and probably will change.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I am definitely unabashedly, no holds bar NOT cutting it. No cutting, no cutting. It seems these are getting harder to find. Plans are going for a "stockish" look, no crazy mudder tires, probably do a soft top, a 2.5 or 3.5 lift, spare on the tailgate, but that could and probably will change.

Don't go any taller than a 2.5 inch suspension lift, once you go to 3.5 you start running into handling issues. If you need more lift than add a 1 inch body lift

No need to go crazy, any of the suporting venders have good setups, though if I were to spend extra money it would be to get a set of Bilstien shocks

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Don't go any taller than a 2.5 inch suspension lift, once you go to 3.5 you start running into handling issues. If you need more lift than add a 1 inch body lift

No need to go crazy, any of the suporting venders have good setups, though if I were to spend extra money it would be to get a set of Bilstien shocks

This is why I am here. Thanks for the advice!