• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

First Bronco, First Post.

jperry1290

funny you should mention the ugly camo, it looks like something a Somali pirate would use. good luck on the build. i ve only owned a EB since july but this site has helped me find parts and tons of advice.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
WELCOME! plenty of us around and most are more than willing to lend a hand. A pics from the get togethers we have......

Attachments

• byob2.jpg
    byob2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 16
  • byob.jpg
    byob.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 16
  • byob3.jpg
    byob3.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 18
  • PICT0124.jpg
    PICT0124.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20101023_132918.jpg
    IMG_20101023_132918.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Yup. Sellers remorse. All those parts have ended up in the my new bronco museum otherwise known as our poolhouse.

Attachments

• Photo3662.jpg
    Photo3662.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 9

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site and to the Bronco owners world. Guess what? YOU OWN A BRONCO, not everyone can say that.

Being astute, I noticed right off that your Bronco is the most unique Bronco in the universe, because of the Princess Leia front gas tank stain. Just like seeing Jesus in a piece of toast!!

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site and to the Bronco owners world. Guess what? YOU OWN A BRONCO, not everyone can say that.

Being astute, I noticed right off that your Bronco is the most unique Bronco in the universe, because of the Princess Leia front gas tank stain. Just like seeing Jesus in a piece of toast!!

First, I was "what the hell is he talking about?" Then my eight year old son sees it. Big Star Wars fan, (and Harry Potter he tells me as he is watching me type this.) I only hope "The Force" is with me!:cool:

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
I am definitely unabashedly, no holds bar NOT cutting it. No cutting, no cutting. It seems these are getting harder to find. Plans are going for a "stockish" look, no crazy mudder tires, probably do a soft top, a 2.5 or 3.5 lift, spare on the tailgate, but that could and probably will change.

Congrats on the new Bronco, mine has been at the body shop for about two months and I cannot wait to get it out of there. Couldn't turn down the deal on the work though, hopefully it will be well worth the wait.

Don't worry so much bout cutting. All of the vendors offer replacement quarter panels, so all broncos can go back to original for less than $200. I recently replaced the rear quarters, and re-cut them to keep the 35's from rubbing.

The LUBER looks is pretty damn nice with a lift though so I am with you on keeping it uncut.

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Congrats on the new Bronco, mine has been at the body shop for about two months and I cannot wait to get it out of there. Couldn't turn down the deal on the work though, hopefully it will be well worth the wait.

Don't worry so much bout cutting. All of the vendors offer replacement quarter panels, so all broncos can go back to original for less than $200. I recently replaced the rear quarters, and re-cut them to keep the 35's from rubbing.

The LUBER looks is pretty damn nice with a lift though so I am with you on keeping it uncut.

As I delve into this project I am (uh oh here it comes!) thinking about giving it a cut. But I also really like the uncut look and want to give it a little lift. Kind of struggling, I like the 31 x 10.5 tires on a cut EB and look of the wide stance, but also really like the thin stock tire look. Since it is a 71 and has no power steering, I think thinner tires would be easier to turn. I think I am going to have to put this as a work in progress. I have a lot of work left to do before I make this decision. OR I could just get another one and have one cut, and one uncut. Yeah, that's what I'll do.....after I win the lottery.