• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

First Post

matchewboy

Hey I have been lurking around the site for awhile but this is my first post. I have a 69 with a 302 in it and today when I went to turn the bronco off it kept running with the key in the off position. It was making a grinding noise as if i was turning the key to far but the key was off. The bronco died out by itself and then wouldnt even turn over when I tried again no click nothing. The bronco has a centech harness with a centech ignition switch. I took the starter to get it tested and the starter is fine. Any suggestions on what to look for next should I try replacing the ignition switch?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Welcome
To bad your first post is a problem. I would start with the ignition switch especailly if you have a heavy key ring as they cause the switch to wear out. I would also look at the solinoid its possible it got stuck and is no longer working they are cheap and if its not the problem you'll have a spare. One other possibilty is the fuseable link has blow and your not getting any power its usually a small orange block on the wiring going to the solinoid.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I'd start by looking at the voltages on the solenoid terminals in all the ignition switch positions, START, RUN, OFF, ACC. The "S" terminal should only be hot (12V) in the START position.