• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

First test drive in 20 years!

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Took my 1971 EB out on its first test drive in 20 years! Everything went great, especially the Edelbrock Proflo 4 system performed flawlessly with just a default mapping. I couldn't be happier with all of the upgrades that I made, but I still have a thousand little details to attend to. 😬

Attachments

• 20231026_135736.jpg
    20231026_135736.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 66

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Nice! I know there's till a ton of work to do, but getting it back on the road is a huge step. It goes much faster from here!

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Nice! I know there's till a ton of work to do, but getting it back on the road is a huge step. It goes much faster from here!
Yes sir, it went off the road for upgrades shortly after you and I went Wheeling outside Rock Springs decades ago. That trip convinced me I needed some more mods but unfortunately life got in the way and those mods never got completed.
It feels really great to be back on the road again!

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats! Keep moving forward - things seemed to go quicker for me once I got my Bronco mobile again. I'm glad to see someone else take their time with a project Bronco(17 years for me)

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I have a long neglected build thread on here someplace, I will update it with photos once it's out of the garage!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Congratulations! Very few feelings better than getting it back on the road - that's for sure!

Todd Z.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
It’s nice to make progress. I’ve had my 76 on the road for about two years and every time I work on it I tell my wife I gotta go for a test drive For about 25 miles

Last edited:

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Nice work! I’m at 24 years and hope to drive it before year end.