• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FiTech Fuel Command in Drivers Vent Box Area?

Salashhavoc

Not a mechanic
Trying to make a FiTech system work in my EB. My engine bay is a bit cluttered with two batteries, air tank, dual compressor, isolator, tranny cooler, etc for the FiTech Fuel Command Center to fit.

I was measuring the Driver's side Vent Box to see if the command center would fit. The dimensions look like it might work, curious if anyone else has stuck the command center in this area and what their experience was like? (It looks like I would have to modify the square to go in from the top or have to bring the whole unit up from the floorboard...)

OR would it be foolish to include a fuel pump/part of the fuel system (albeit fully contained) on the drivers side of the firewall?

Thoughts?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I wouldn't.

But then again, I'm not a fan of that large contraption either and would simply run a frame mounted electric pump and a return line tapped into the tank or filler neck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I do my best to avoid fuel lines in the cab of anything. Much less a tank of fuel in the cab dangling above my feet.

OP
OP
Salashhavoc

Salashhavoc

Not a mechanic
Yep, the more i think about it and as good as it would fit, i think it isn't my brightest idea of the day.

Appreciate your input.