• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fitting 3 car seats

rbrnc512

Does anybody have any ideas of how to fit three car seats in a bronco, while still having a seat for the wife? I know it would be tight, but do you think two fold and tumble seats could fit in the bed?

OP
OP
R

rbrnc512

Does anybody have the dimensions (length) from the back of the front seats to the tailgate?

Brewmover

Loc.
Tulsa
Its not gonna happen there is just not enough room in the rear. The only idea I have come up with is some type of modified bench seat up front. But that would be crowded and not very safe. In my opinion.

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
That is a tough one man. I bought the narrowest booster seats I could find and they barely fit my 40" corbeau bench.

Good luck having a "3rd row" in there. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Only thing that comes to my mind is the two bench seats, on each side of bed, that face each other that I saw when a guy from South America (I think) had some EB's for sale on here.

Norm

mjramacher

I took this pic last night at a local car show

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
You might be able to mount a seat facing the rear, mounted behind where the center console would be for the front seats. You could mount an extra set of lap belts to the existing front seat belt mounts. It would look crazy but it might be functional. Just a thought, good luck!

OP
OP
R

rbrnc512

Ok, thanks for the input. I may look into the front bench seat at some point down the road when a booster seat will suffice for the oldest.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Ok, thanks for the input. I may look into the front bench seat at some point down the road when a booster seat will suffice for the oldest.

There are jump seats that will fit between the two front seats, those may work with a booster seat but not a child car seat.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
ford ranger 60//40 bench will allow a small kid in the front between mom and dad.

RPM289

Following :) I have kids 14, 7, and 4 thankfully only 2 need seats! Need ideas also and I have a cage also...

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
I put a 2009 dodge caravan 3rd seat in place of the orig bronco rear seat....It had components for 3 seat belts....of course I had to trim the rear wheel wells a bit....and a full cage...

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Put a Jeep Wagoneer front middle seat in the front of the Bronco. They aren't exactly desired, so they are cheap in the yards assuming you can find one. You'll have to play with seats to find a smaller (dimensionally) front kid seat. A booster would fit with minimal issues.

RPM289

I put a 2009 dodge caravan 3rd seat in place of the orig bronco rear seat....It had components for 3 seat belts....of course I had to trim the rear wheel wells a bit....and a full cage...

Can we see some pic's of that seat set up?

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
Here you go....maybe the pics will come up as well this time....

Attachments

• IMG_4432.jpg
    IMG_4432.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4433.jpg
    IMG_4433.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4450.jpg
    IMG_4450.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 65

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
With a 3.5" SL, and 2" BL, the 35" BFGs just barely rub the cut out area at fuul droop/full compression. Eventually I may drop the seat height down about 1.5" to 2", and clean up the whell well cutouts a bit

RPM289

WOW that looks good in there. I have a glass tub so cutouts may be fun LOL but can be done. I was thinking of a pass van seat (church van type LOL) with the long legs may work, anyone tried one?