• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fitting new floorpan

cactushorse

I'm replacing the drivers side floorpan,what's the best way to fit the new one? Over lap to the existing where it's only 1 layer? How about where the original seams meet ?(2 layers) I plan on replacing from about 4-5 inches on the angel to the front,just past the main support where the body bolt goes. TIA C.H.

MI-Bronco

I bought my pan from JBG and it fit well after I cut the entire pan out leaving 1" overlap to spot weld the new one in place. Would have been easier if I just cut the old spot welds, but I used a chisel. Use some body chalk to seal your seams.<br><br>

OP
OP
C

cactushorse

yea,i'm going with jbg too, i'm guessing by the number of replies here you and i have the only broncos around with rusty floor pans ::) thx for the info

74bronc

Bronco Guru
Sorry can't be of more help, but I just got my new floor pans from Dennis Carpenter. Don't know about the fit as I haven't installed them yet. Going to do it soon and try out the new Plasma Cutter!!!!! ;D

MI-Bronco

[quote author=cactushorse link=board=5;threadid=8170;start=0#58026 date=1029815413]<br>yea,i'm going with jbg too, i'm guessing by the number of replies here you and i have the only broncos around with rusty floor pans ::) thx for the info<br>[/quote]<br><br>Most everyone on the board has had to replace floorpans. The JBG fit well. You will need to do some mod'ing on the E brake where it passes through the pan. Also, try to undo your frame mounting bolt. Chances are it is rusted solid and will need to be replaced.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
[quote author=Jimmyjames link=board=5;threadid=8170;start=0#58258 date=1029879842]<br>Floorpans? The guy I bought mine off of said that It had ULTRA RARE "terrain window" just below the pedals. ;D ;D ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thats some funny *Shoot*

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Jimmyjames link=board=5;threadid=8170;start=0#58258 date=1029879842]<br>Floorpans? The guy I bought mine off of said that It had ULTRA RARE "terrain window" just below the pedals. ;D ;D ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br> ;D

Yellow75

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
ORRRR do it the wrong way and just screw the new ones in with sheetmetal screws over top of the old ones. ::) ::) That's what the previous owner did to mine.. Lovely huh.. SOMEDAY i'll replace them correctly :)