• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door fitting problems

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Haha! Yeah, he might change his mind after he finds out how much trouble it is.
That said, when you’re young and have all the Time in the world ahead of you, a little extra time spent to have some fun is usually worth it.
We would take our tops off in late June or early July, and leave them off until October.

OP
OP
B

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Haha! Yeah, he might change his mind after he finds out how much trouble it is.
That said, when you’re young and have all the Time in the world ahead of you, a little extra time spent to have some fun is usually worth it.
We would take our tops off in late June or early July, and leave them off until October.
I figure ONE time and that'll be the end of that top removal stuff. I just spent an hour and a half with him learning more about how to find the stuff I want to attach here.
I spent most of the day on the '69 Sport and the door is getting very close to being right. It opens and closes easily NOW. It's still a very little out of kilter. Tomorrows job. I have the door gaps close without hitting the latch/striker. Top of door is a little in and the bottom is a little out. I think I can get is straight. Those lift off hinges are sure nice for doing this. I "may" get another non SS set to aid in any other door work. Right after I go get a root canal without Novocain!
o_O