• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fixing what I can fix and driving it

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Might want to consider this as well.

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Might want to consider this as well.

Sorry for the confusion daddycreswell. Looks like you have an 73, so I don't think this will work. I should have looked at your signature block.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Ok speaking for myself. Drop pitman arms and drop track bar mounts are the devil. I know we are trying to help get this guys bronco safe and on the road. But instead of fixing it wrong and then re fixing it later, how about fixing one time? Take the drop track bar bracket off. build a raised mount on the axle housing, buy an adjustable track bar and install it. Next buy the I ton chevy tie rod ends, the ruff stuff TRO tubing kit with weld in ends. Build your drag link and tie rod and install. Fix everything at once one time.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Ok speaking for myself. Drop pitman arms and drop track bar mounts are the devil. I know we are trying to help get this guys bronco safe and on the road. But instead of fixing it wrong and then re fixing it later, how about fixing one time? Take the drop track bar bracket off. build a raised mount on the axle housing, buy an adjustable track bar and install it. Next buy the I ton chevy tie rod ends, the ruff stuff TRO tubing kit with weld in ends. Build your drag link and tie rod and install. Fix everything at once one time.
Bax, while I appreciate the idea, I am looking for straight up bolt on fixes. I don't have the mental fortitude or the tools to do what you suggested. I am a big fan of the KISS method.