• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Flames on your front ends.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. Any one hear have flames over your front end an down the front fenders.. I have another vehicle that has pealed the hood an part of the front of the fenders. You could never match the paint as faded as it is. So I was wondering if any one has Black strips or Black flames what I really mean . It's base color is about a OD Green & faded.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Not really flames.... But this is how I painted mine this past time. More like a splash pattern, but it may give you an idea?

e6ehara8.jpg

nickgp

Bronco Guru
For some reason, flames on an Early Bronco just look out of place to me. Just my opinion. Now on an early Camaro....

BRONCROB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WISNER LA.
Here is an idea that I have tossed around for mine.Might look good with your OD green?

Attachments

• picture490-1.jpg
    picture490-1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 83

ILikeBond

Not mine, but here's a very nice flame job I snapped at Bronco Daze recently.

Attachments

• IMAG2233.jpg
    IMAG2233.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 67

TorchRedTulsan

A buddy sent this one to me a couple weeks ago from a paint/wrap shop. Don't have any details and certainly haven't seen it around town before

IMG952392_zps7ecqlucy.jpg

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Wish they had the wrap going around front part of quarters and grille. Good starting point

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
As for a true flame paint job on a early Bronco I think I'm with most the just don't look right if they are on the whole frontend like the old school hotrods. I do like the on the hood or even just ghost flames on the whole front looks good also a fan of the realistic flame paint jobs. Just my two cents

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
KB6677 has red flames on his white stretched bruggy and I think it looks killer!

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I don't own this Bronco anymore, but I still love the paint

Attachments

• Bronco Pics 016 1024 x 768.jpg
    Bronco Pics 016 1024 x 768.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Man you guys can through once again. I like that splash..
See that's why I ask these kind of questions because the BrotheHood come out with something new every time.
.. Today as I was driving down the road for work I came up with the thought of putting Flat Black over the hood then I have some of this camo meterial left over from my Bronco .. Take it an cut it into flames . & try to get the flames to cover the pealed off area. Maybe even coming back into some of the inside of the flame & putting flat black an fad it back into the OD green . Red Neck Recon.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I like the tear-off look. I had this paint job done on the hood of a dual sport car:

Attachments

• Drakart Hood.JPG
    Drakart Hood.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 43

fordfan

Bronco Guru
My '77 Ranger, "Sweetie" has some real subtle ghost flames that were sprayed on over 15 years ago by the previous owner. My preferences would have been the original Ranger stripes, but for an older paint job, it is still really in good shape so I have no plans to repaint. They are hard to photo because they are so subtle. I did find a photo that you can sorta see on the hood; they are on the hood and front fenders. This photo is when I was working on the right floor pan.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 30