• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Flares 'n' Skis - Finished weekend project w/pics

adunham

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I finally got around to finishing this project and it feels great! WH rockskis & Gorilla Warflares. Anyway one before and a bunch of afters:

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1180.jpg
    IMG_1180.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 92

Louie

Bronco Guru
Looks good man. That'll give the Bronco some protection. I like the color scheme too! How do you like the Dirt Grips?

OP
OP
adunham

adunham

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
boomeroid said:
Looks cool! Did you run the skis under the flares, or butt them up to the flares?

They run underneath, though I did have to chop a good 8" off to fit the cut fenders - I think WH sizes them for uncuts.

-aaron

72moore

re

adunham said:
I finally got around to finishing this project and it feels great! WH rockskis & Gorilla Warflares. Anyway one before and a bunch of afters:
Looks great and rover likes it too!!!!!!!!
:)

Paco

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
Looks great!!! Did you paint the flares yourself or did you have them painted? What kind of paint did you use?

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
Paco said:
Looks great!!! Did you paint the flares yourself or did you have them painted? What kind of paint did you use?

Wildhorses sell there Gorilla flares Black or White, so I would think he did not paint em;)

Paco

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
4xfloored said:
Wildhorses sell there Gorilla flares Black or White, so I would think he did not paint em;)

That sucks!!! I wanted white ones and they told me they only had black ones, that I'd have to paint them!

OP
OP
adunham

adunham

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
4xfloored said:

They did in the past, but not anymore. I used a plastic specific primer and a plastic specific gloss white on top of that with some careful prep beforehand.

-aaron

msweb

Bronco Guru
Wow - VERY nice! Sure look better than my home made ones. Come on out to TN and lets do some testing;)

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
is that your space saver spare under the front end in your second pic? ;)
looks good.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
cool dude

hey looks good what kind of hood is that ..
and is that a blue lacy dog ...looked like one a buddy had in college

720Racer

Loc.
Auburn
4xfloored said:
Milo,

I could only find black, where did you see the white flares? I know they can be painted, but it'd be even better if they weren't at risk to scratch or chip off.

Adunham,

Nice rig, the color scheme is great. Simple and clean. How do you like those tires?

Galen

OP
OP
adunham

adunham

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
720Racer said:
Milo,

I could only find black, where did you see the white flares? I know they can be painted, but it'd be even better if they weren't at risk to scratch or chip off.

Adunham,

Nice rig, the color scheme is great. Simple and clean. How do you like those tires?

Galen

Love the tires, couldn't be happier. And NicksTrix - it's a very close match, now that I'm looking at it:) Just one of those toys that my dog never took an interest in.