• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FLARES.....

nickmyron

Loc.
Tigard, OR
I was looking at flares from james duff, wildhorses, JBG, Toms bronco parts and ill i could find are flares that use rivets.....
I really think that the rivets look ugly and wanted to know if there are any that dont use rivets...??? I have seen a few flares that the rivets arent that big...thats probly as close as im gonna get, huh?

Also, i want flares that dont go back so far....i have noticed a lot of flares (mainly rear) go down at an angle instead of straight down.....I really dont like the looks of this either.....do you guys know of any that arent like that?

Any pics would be great ;D

Nick~

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
You are shoot out of luck. All flares are that way. If you want something else , you will have to do the front fender to rear quarter panel mod. OR , go get yourself some conduit, sheetmetal, bondo and make your own. Sorry to have to give you the bad news ;)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I run the Pacer brand Flexy Flares on my truck. I think they are darn good looking, great performing, very durable flares, and they do not show rivets either.

You can look at them here

http://www.pacerperformance.com/pages/products.asp?id=2

And buy them at places like J C Whitney or Auto Barn for about seventy three dollars and that is for all four wheels with mounting hardware.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=14957&BQ=jcw2

Don't be misled by the cheap price or lack of fame and popularity, they are darn good flares. Take a look at my truck over at the gallery or on the left at my avatar and see what I mean, not bad for the price in my opinion.

T

teknalee

are these formed flares or flexible.. by that i mean can i make them for as big of a wheel opening as i want?

TMC

Loc.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Which one did you get? Most application appear to need a lip. My rear quarter has already been cut. Did you use the flush mount version?

Paul

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I have the expensive ones (73.95) and they are very flexible but somewhat pre formed with a slight curvature. They are designed to fit any opening up to 60 inches and they bend to the shape of your cut. My rear openings are exactly 60 inches, so no trimming was needed. But if you want a smaller opening you just trim them at one end.

These are the ones I have

http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=5797&BQ=jcw2

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Astark's rig:

alanstark1.jpg

T

teknalee

astark.. i don't know if you're familiar with/have seen the gorilla warflares.. i guess my question is.. can i make those flares work on an opening as big as a gorilla warflare can? (to the body line etc)