• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

flexiest lift

BroncGuy7710

Loc.
Louisville Ky
Howdy, i've spent the whole summer workin and my pockets are BURNING to lighten up. My question is who makes the flexiest 3.5" lift? i don't know what is on there now, it's got 33's and i THINK its a 2". But its stiff as crap. I am gettin ready to put my 2" body lift on, and want to get some good agresive 35's, but it will be kind of pointless because of the pathetic flex.

Thanks alot, ya'll are always helpful

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I went with Cage coils but have no comparison figures yet. They do flex quite nicely though. From what I understand National rear leafs flex nicely but they have had some past problems with them going flat after a year or two. Duff's is supposed to sell a decent rear spring as well.

Sabas

I have the Wild Horses Stage 9 3 1/2 lift. I like it, I also have seen Chuck's (BC Broncos) 3 1/2 lift & it has pretty good flex.

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I'm very happy with Chuck's lift and Duff's arms......

huged29

Loc.
Ft Collins, Colorado
Just remember that if you want to end up with a flexy suspension you are gonna have to do something with your radius arms, like wrist them or get extended ones, because the stock ones won't allow for a lot of flex.

broncobran68

Loc.
Idaho
I can tell you what NOT to buy-Superlift. A lot of aftermarket companies also intend their springs for F-100s making them stiffer.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
broncobran68 said:
I can tell you what NOT to buy-Superlift. A lot of aftermarket companies also intend their springs for F-100s making them stiffer.
That's no joke. I've got a set of Superlift (I think) springs (5 1/2" from what I can tell) for sale if anyone wants them. I will not be using them again. Rancho's are supposed to be bad also.

PABrian

Loc.
North central PA
Definately don't go with superstiff's or rancho's. Chucks coils are pretty much the proven flexiest. And the leafs he uses are Deaver's, which are the best, by far. Look at any magazine article doing a leaf spring lift and you will ultimately see a set of Deaver's.