• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Floor heat blowing!

Broncono

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I don't have the heater on, but I'm feeling it blow on my feet. Since I'm in San Antonio and it's 105 degrees, it's a bit of an issue. :cry: It isn't bad at idle but really starts blowing while on the gas. Thanks for any help!

broncorick

May need to check to see if door is closing in heater box or if valve that control flow to heated coil is closing properly. There are seals in heater box that can be replaced on door.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Its probably the heater valve. The one that closes when you push the knob that says "pull for heat" If thats open you'll get heat on your feet, enough to nearly burn your toes!

You can always bypass the heater core and loop the heater hose back to the front of the engine to completely close the circuit.

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the Bronco heater shut-off valve doesn't close all the way.

But then again, since you live in San Antonio, it's probably cheapest (and will give you more room under the dash) to just bypass it and take out the heater assly.

Bypassing the heater doesn't change the workings of your cooling system, just takes the heater out of the loop.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
When I first installed my Vintage Air, I noticed a lot of under dash heat. I thought it was pretty strange since the kit eliminates outside air to their heater. What I found was a lot of holes in the firewall for a variety of reasons and mods. Hot air was coming in from the engine compartment. I sealed all the holes with plugs or RTV. Insulation padding inside the firewall is a must. You'll never get the thing cooled down without it.

broncorick

ALso I think the old tech valves were faulty. My '55 T-bird is a hot ride anyway, but helped when I closed of supply to heater.

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Did you ever get this figured out? If not, BC Broncos sells a neat little valve to take care of the heat coming through the heater.

http://www.bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=263

Also, I noticed that you are in San Antonio. You should check out the Lonestar Early Bronco Club at www.lonestar-ebc.com. There is an email list you can sign up for from the main page. Quite a few of us in San Antonio and Austin.

Also, if you need any help locally let us know.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
My valve doesn't close all the way, so in the summer time I pull the cable off of it and close it manually. On the rare ocassion that I do need it in the summer I just pop the hood and turn it on by hand. In the winter I hook it back up. By the way, I have done this on numerous old Fords over the years.

OP
OP
Broncono

Broncono

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Did you ever get this figured out? If not, BC Broncos sells a neat little valve to take care of the heat coming through the heater.

http://www.bcbroncos.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=263

Also, I noticed that you are in San Antonio. You should check out the Lonestar Early Bronco Club at www.lonestar-ebc.com. There is an email list you can sign up for from the main page. Quite a few of us in San Antonio and Austin.

Also, if you need any help locally let us know.

Thanks Jeff, I did sign up as a member of LEBC under Erin Albrecht --- ;D It won't let me post emails though, just read them.
I might need some help... I might get that valve from Chuck. THanks for the link. I don't might shutting it off manually I just want the damn thing off!

THanks for all of your help guys. Looks like the door is broken off! Pic coming....

broncbuster

It sounds to me like the valve from Chuck is what you need. We have put them in all our broncos. Turn it off in the spring, back on in the late fall. BC is right there by Kerrville, it would be worth the drive, great people.

OP
OP
Broncono

Broncono

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
It sounds to me like the valve from Chuck is what you need. We have put them in all our broncos. Turn it off in the spring, back on in the late fall. BC is right there by Kerrville, it would be worth the drive, great people.

I've been there! Check my gallery ;D Love those guys!